"For in Him you have been enriched in every way -
in all your speaking and in all your knowledge -
because our testimony about Christ was confirmed in you."

1 Corinthians 1:5,6


Moss covered letter by restruct3

As a person who has had an office job for more years than I care to share with much of my past jobs having been involved in creating various presentations, the way letters and words appear are important to me. And for those of you who may not be computer savvy, the reference to "font" is the description of how the letters are formatted (bold, italics, etc) and the style of them.

At work one day, a co-worker mentioned to another co-worker that I was a “born again” Christian. That person, who also was a Christian, said that they thought I was probably one. And flippantly I remarked, “You thought? If I may be the only Bible you can read, my font must be awfully small!”

Through the next several days and weeks I could not let go of that thought. Was my font in tiny 8 point letters? Was it readable at all? Maybe not only small but in some obscure unrecognizable script?

I started looking at people as though they were a written copy of the Bible. Were those who read the King James Version a traditional Times New Roman print? I imagined those dedicated to the New International Version would relay their messages in a standard Ariel font. And those who read the contemporary versions could possibly be an easy to read and pleasing to the eye, Verdana type.

When the pastor preaches, I see him using several different fonts. At times soft smooth monotype corsiva leading into strong powerful PosterBodoni BT! Then back to an anecdotal Comic Sans and ending with a prayerful Calligrapher font.

One night I was at, of all things, a poetry read. Oh my goodness, the fonts there were too numerous to note. Some were loud, some soft, some unassuming while others were just plain fun! None of these fonts represented the Lord (I was hoping mine might) and most just the opposite, except one young girl about 14 years old. She waited until everyone had finished reading and she shared an excerpt of what she had written about how important Christ was in her life.
I saw her font as a child
scribbling
on the walls in crayons or in chalk
on a sidewalk
for all to see and read.


And it was sweet and beautiful.

If only my font could be so simple, so direct and so bold.

How about you? What font are you?


by Phyllis Ducey
pfdoriginalartworks

***************abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz******************



Note below all the variety of fonts used in these great shops belonging to our CAST Team members! Take a few minutes to check out their shops, heart them and start thinking about Mother's day!




Comments (8)

On April 18, 2010 at 11:27 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Charming and clever, Phyllis. Also something to think about. Thanks!

 
On April 19, 2010 at 12:32 AM , Kathleen said...

Great post! Makes me wonder what my 'font'is!

 
On April 19, 2010 at 4:47 AM , Julie Riisnaes said...

A very thought provoking post! I need to think and act - after all - I have control - I can change my font! I am ashamed to say I think I change my font to suit who I'm with. I want to be a clear message that glorifies Jesus: "not ashamed of the gospel". Thank you and whatever our font, I hope & pray this post will make us all change to BOLD!

 
On April 19, 2010 at 11:19 AM , Princess Daffy said...

Great message Phyllis!
Something to think on...

xox, Daff

 
On April 19, 2010 at 12:41 PM , sammysgrammy said...

Phyllis, as usual, beautiful and insightful. Makes me so graeful for the gift of repentance. I want to be a billboard with easy to read font.

 
On April 20, 2010 at 8:04 AM , Debi said...

This is very thought provoking. Thank you Phyllis, I will keeping this in my mind to improve my font for Jesus.

 
On April 20, 2010 at 11:54 AM , Cindy (cksilver) said...

Great post, Phyllis. Made me think about what font I am. Maybe different fonts throughout the day? And maybe not always the font I should be for the situation? Very thought-provoking!

 
On April 21, 2010 at 2:08 PM , J Honda said...

Phyllis - thank you, thank you, thank you