COLOSSIANS 2:13-15
COL 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against
us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.


WITHOUT THE CROSS, THERE IS NO SAVIOR!




What (WHO) do YOU cherish...?


****************THE OLD RUGGED CROSS****************

On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
 The emblem of suffering and shame;

And I love that old cross where the dearest and best

For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain

So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
 Till my trophies at last I lay down;

I will cling to the old rugged cross,
 And exchange it some day for a crown.

O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
 Has a wondrous attraction for me;

For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
, To bear it to dark Calvary.

Refrain

In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
 A wondrous beauty I see,

For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
 To pardon and sanctify me.

Refrain

To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
 Its shame and reproach gladly bear;

Then He’ll call me some day to my home far away,
 Where His glory forever I’ll share.

Refrain


Laugh and sing today~it's good for your heart!

xoxox, Hank and Daff

Comments (6)

On April 20, 2010 at 8:12 AM , Debi said...

This is my favorite Hymn. I smile every time I hear it & always sing it at the top of my lungs to honor Jesus. My 1st Pastor, Owen Mercer, loved this so much & I can still see him stomping all over the pulpit singing at the top of his lungs, robes fying, arms pumping! He was an amazing man of God & a wonderful influence on his flock to let go & worship freely. We only had him for 2 yrs & then God needed him to go home. He will be forever missed by all who were blessed to know him. I thank God for bringing him into my life & letting me learn from him.

 
On April 20, 2010 at 5:36 PM , button said...

Oh the wonderful Cross! Thank you, Daffy. What a wonderful song to have running thru my button brain today!

 
On April 20, 2010 at 9:19 PM , pfd said...

Great song, wonderful picks to remind us of the beauty of the cross.
Thanks,
Daffy

 
On April 21, 2010 at 11:34 AM , Bing ReMade said...

Awesome Bible verse! Oh the power we have in Christ, it's something to grab a hold of!! Love all the pics you chose too!

 
On April 21, 2010 at 12:14 PM , Vicki said...

This hymn was one of my Dad's favorites. It always makes me think of him. Beautiful selections to accompany this lovely old hymn! Great post.

 
On April 21, 2010 at 2:07 PM , J Honda said...

Yep - Like Paul and Silas, beaten and ripped up, thrown in that horrid prison, feet in stocks and what did they do.....?
"..prayed, and sang praises unto God;"
acts 16:25
"..and the prisoners heard them."

What I need to remember...what and how do I act when it is NOT my way..:D
Oh yeah! not MY will Father, but THY will be done :D
@
button willow - love your button brain


DAFFY and UDA Thank you!!

all those who work on this BLOG thank you!!!!