by Anastasia of mattscraftywife






Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


This verse has been special to me for many years. It gave me peace and hope in the most terrifying time in my life. To know that God had plans for my FUTURE was just what I needed to remember. I was on the run from a crazy ex that I had been married to for 12 years. He had threatened to kill me, and I was staying in motel after motel with the three kids age eight and younger trying to stay one step ahead of him. At this moment of my life (I say moment now, but at the time it dragged on for what seemed like forever), I kept getting this one bible verse. On a greeting card someone sent to me, in my email as a devotional, and many other ways, this verse came alive to me. I knew God was telling me that I would be okay, I would have a future and the ex would not be able to kill me. That He had plans for my life and my kids. It gave me HOPE.

And He did as He promised. He kept me safe. My kids were safe too. I lived in the same county as the ex, and he never found my home. I did pass him a couple of times on the road and was terrified that he would follow me. God kept keeping us safe. A restraining order that I had was only a piece of paper. It did not protect me, he still tried to contact me at work and through friends. God did keep me safe, even when the "system" could not. Eventually the divorce went through and I moved away to be near my now-husband. I got remarried, and my husband adopted my kids. We are still safe. God did what He said. God is good, all the time.

No matter what happens in my life now, I have that hope. I think of this verse and remember that God got me out of that horrible situation and kept me safe. No matter what you are going through, God has plans for your future, to give you hope. He is in control and He is bigger than any problem you may have. He wants us to prosper, He does not want harm to come to us. Isn't that awesome?

Pray with me:
Dear Lord, give us peace in our hearts to know that You are in control. Thank You for protecting us and planning our futures for us. We trust You and know that Your will is the best will for our lives. Surround us with Your angels in our every day lives. In the hard times when things seem out of control, remind us that You are in control. Thank you Lord Jesus. Amen.

~Anastasia

Comments (10)

On March 7, 2010 at 12:21 AM , Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this Anastasia. I love it how God comforts us in times of trouble and you are living proof. Thank you Father, for your word, your comfort and your protection.

 
On March 7, 2010 at 12:25 AM , pfd said...

Anastasia, This verse has always meant a lot to me too. Thank you for sharing. Your story brings to life how God's word can carry us through and bring hope in our darkest times!

 
On March 7, 2010 at 8:41 AM , GracedLace said...

Beautiful, Anastasia! I've always loved that verse, as well. Your story, however, made it come to life, just now. Thank you for sharing. ♥

 
On March 7, 2010 at 4:14 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks so much for sharing your testimony. God is good!

 
On March 7, 2010 at 6:21 PM , J Honda said...

Praise the Lord Anastasia! ♥

 
On March 7, 2010 at 7:29 PM , cksilver said...

Love hearing your story Anastasia. I know things have been tough, and it is amazing to see how God is working in your life.

Lots of love,
Cindy

 
On March 8, 2010 at 12:13 AM , Kathleen said...

Thank you, sweet Anastasia, for that blessed post! Praising and praying with you =)

 
On March 8, 2010 at 12:54 AM , Vicki said...

A favorite verse for me as well. Powerful testimony of God's love and concern for His children. Thank you for sharing it.

 
On March 8, 2010 at 9:12 AM , Julie Riisnaes said...

Praise God he kept you and your family through such hard times. Thank you for encouraging us and inviting us to pray with you xx

Love Julie
Silk N Style

 
On March 8, 2010 at 10:43 AM , Princess Daffy said...

Yes, God is certainly bigger than that stuff, and all things!

He is good to us always.