By Phyllis Ducey of pfdoriginalartworks

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19

Have you ever had someone pop into your thoughts for no logical reason? Maybe someone you are close to or maybe a person you have not seen in years. When that happens I may spend a few minutes wondering why on earth did that person come to mind? And usually there is no good reason on earth that they did. But perhaps there is a good reason not of earthly origin.

My thought is that possibly God wanted me to be praying for that person. But the question is: what to pray? When in doubt pray as St. Paul did for the Ephesians. If the person does not have a faith in Christ, pray that they may “grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.” That is the most valuable prayer you can offer up for them.

If the person already has a love for Christ… it can never be deep enough. Praying that they are rooted and established in His love is a powerful prayer. A tree needs roots to survive. They supply water and nutrients in order that it may grow and prosper. In addition, the roots hold the tree in place. It becomes well established as the roots multiply and grow. The deeper the roots, the better the tree can hold its own against winds and storms.

We too need our spiritual roots to be deep. In our day and age there is great number of spiritual gurus that sound good, have similar principles but do not lead to Christ. They may lead to living a better life and may help a person be kinder and more thoughtful but without Christ, there is no eternity. That is why deepening our roots is so important…to hold us firm during the winds of change and the storms of our lives.

I encourage you to write these words of Paul inspired by God on your hearts. Pray them not only for others but for yourself. And plant yourself by streams of living water by reading God’s Word daily and spending quality time with Him in prayer. Be prepared for the storms of life… create deep roots.

Rooted Necklace by 31thirteen

Tree of Life painting by Jessadee77

Tree with Root cards by pfdoriginalartworks

Tree of life sterling silver necklace by holmescraft

El Dorado painting by CampbellJane

Grand Entrance painting by Kre80r

Tree of Life for Life by Glitterup

By Phyllis Ducey of pfdoriginalartworks

Comments (18)

On February 1, 2010 at 10:20 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks again, Phyllis for a wonderful, thoughtful post!

 
On February 1, 2010 at 10:38 AM , T.C. Cunningham said...

WOW! Beautiful and thoughtful post. I have been thinking about making a cross with a Tree of Life in the centerpiece. This post has spurred me on to get that done. I love all the items you featured.

 
On February 1, 2010 at 11:00 AM , Vicki said...

What an inspiring post. So glad that I picked it as my first to read this morning! The artwork chosen for this post is stunning! Never cease to be amazed at the talent in CAST! Thanks for sharing these important thoughts with us!

 
On February 1, 2010 at 11:05 AM , Steph said...

Great post - I have goosebumps!

 
On February 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM , AngelPups said...

Beautiful post, Phyllis!

 
On February 1, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Sue Runyon said...

TC, I want to see that!

 
On February 1, 2010 at 1:23 PM , Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for including me in your blog. May your day be filled with joy and blessings abundant!

 
On February 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM , Shari Tombs said...

Very well written & inspiring post Phyllis. Did you know that there are some trees that develop interconnected root systems? Redwood is on of them - they don't go deep into the ground, but rather, they hold each other up through their interconnected roots. While I think it is still always best to root ourselves deeply in Christ, I think it goes to show how important encouraging our fellow brothers & sisters In Christ can be :)

 
On February 1, 2010 at 3:48 PM , Campbell Jane said...

What a lovely touching post! I am so honored that my art is a part of it. I feel extremely blessed. So glad I found out about this blog too! Thank you so much!!
Many Blessings
Peace & Love
Campbelljane

 
On February 1, 2010 at 4:43 PM , Sharon marston said...

Hi! I have sort of lost touch with this group.... when I came back to see this post, I remember why I became a part in the first place. Thank you for including my painting, "Grand Entrance" Blessings to you all, Sharon, (Kre8or)

 
On February 1, 2010 at 4:59 PM , Beth said...

Thank you so much for including my piece in your post. The original jewelry piece I made of "ROOTED" was for a friend who is committed to being rooted in Christ. :D

 
On February 1, 2010 at 6:52 PM , fairtradefamily said...

love those. i mean breathtakingly beautiful.

 
On February 1, 2010 at 7:36 PM , Beantree Designs said...

what a wonderful post. I have always felt an affinity with trees, and It came to me a few days ago that they reach toward the sky, and now I have the roots to add to that.
Thank you for a very thoughtful post.

 
On February 1, 2010 at 8:53 PM , My 7th Heaven said...

Beautifully written, Phyllis. Absolutely perfect!

I have had this happen to me, someone come to mind for no reason.. and I always start to pray for them because I feel God put them on my heart for a reason. I love this post, and the pictures of beautiful trees from our members :)

Anastasia

 
On February 1, 2010 at 11:22 PM , Bing ReMade said...

What a wonderful blog, I love all the selections!

 
On February 2, 2010 at 12:39 AM , SoSaje said...

Oh, I love this team! And this post is exactly why. :-) Thank you Phyllis for a wonderful post and so beautifully illustrated. Fantastic!

 
On February 9, 2010 at 8:08 AM , Debi said...

I just found this blog for CAST - which I joined yesterday. Thank you Phyllis for a great beginning. I agree with others here that God wants me to pray for who ever He puts into my head, I pray for God to help that person with what ever their needs may be. I have always had an attraction to the Tree of life and all of these examples are so lovely to look at. Thanx for sharing and God bless! Debi

 
On February 17, 2010 at 4:18 PM , Kim Collister Studio said...

I am honored to be a member of the CAST and happy to have found the blog here. Very inspiring!