by Cindy of cksilver

Here is the first post in a series of weekly articles called "Featured Artist of the Week". You can look forward to seeing each new feature every Wednesday.

Introducing: Anastasia
Anastasia

When you visit Anastasia's shops, you will see gorgeous scarfs, neckwarmers, bookmarks, and more. The first shop, mattscraftywife, is for her standard less-expensive items, while breathofdawnstudio is for her high quality yarn designs. Please take a moment and visit both of her shops, and give them some love!

Anastasia is hosting a give away!
This bookmark thong goes to the lucky winner of her giveaway. To be entered to win, please comment on this blog posting with your favorite item in either of her shops. One person will be announced on next Wednesday's Featured Artist post.
Bookmark Thong by mattscraftywife

Introduction
I am a wife and mom to 5 wonderful kids. I am married to my soulmate, obviously named Matt! I love to do crafts, mostly crochet. 2 of my kids have special needs (one has autism, the other has other special needs) so I stay home to care for them. I crochet and sell things to pay for things for my kids, such as special field trips. God and family are #1 in my life!

How did you get your start on Etsy?
I heard about Etsy and decided to try to sell. I listed two things, and they did not sell so I quit for a long time. I came back to give it another shot over a year later. I learned the tricks, posting on forums and joining groups, and started making sales!

What does a typical day look like for you?
Get the kids off to school, work on my freelance writing, do some crocheting, watch a little tv, make dinner etc. Nothing too exciting in a normal day. I will be homeschooling my autistic son so that will definitely throw off my routine :)

If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?
Probably Hawaii with my hubby. I've always wanted to go there, sit by the waterfalls and crystal clear waters.

What is your favorite Bible verse?
Jeremiah 29:11. it got me through a really hard time in my life. And continues to speak to me now.

What is your favorite Etsy item listing to feature?
Soft Satiny Scarflette

URLs to where else we can find you on the internet (Facebook fan page, Twitter, your own dot.com, your blog, etc)



Comments (27)

On January 27, 2010 at 2:08 PM , My 7th Heaven said...

Oh cool! Thanks for featuring me :D How fun!
~Anastasia

 
On January 27, 2010 at 4:08 PM , Christie Cottage said...

Great feature of a fellow teammate :-)

http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

 
On January 27, 2010 at 7:24 PM , Ingrid Ames said...

What a wonderful featured artist!! :) She has such wonderful items in both her shops. One of my fav is this... http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38341358

 
On January 27, 2010 at 7:32 PM , P and P said...

Here's my favorite from her shop:
uh, well, my edit fx doesn't work here. I like her big, colorful wall cross.

 
On January 27, 2010 at 7:41 PM , Donna said...

I think Anastasia is a wonderful artist! This is my favorite!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38341358

I love the colors!

Donna @DHElegance :)

 
On January 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM , Carapace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
On January 27, 2010 at 8:19 PM , Kawartha Beads said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I have no idea how you manage to get anything done with 5 little ones to take care of!

I LOVE the Soft Satiny Scarflette. Beautiful!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37164173

April

 
On January 27, 2010 at 8:23 PM , Unknown said...

What a lovely post! Matts, you are the BEST! I love this - it looks so cozy http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37770373

 
On January 27, 2010 at 8:25 PM , Carapace said...

Wow, what fine work! Just perfect for Valentine's Day.
My favorite thing in the shop is...probably the Soft Satiny Scarflette! I know, it's listed in the feature, but I love those zigzags!
Good luck, everyone!

carapacenator(at)gmail.com

 
On January 27, 2010 at 8:25 PM , CreekBank2CajunSwank said...

Enjoyed reading about the featured artist! Amazing to be able to have time to do all of those lovely crafts while taking care of 5 children, especially 2 with special needs! You get a hero award from me!

Nicely done!

 
On January 27, 2010 at 8:26 PM , Kiery said...

I really like the longer soft and fuzzy scarflette

 
On January 27, 2010 at 8:34 PM , kippyssomature said...

OOOHHHH! I am so excited to enter to win that beautiful crocheted scarf, but also so excited for our very own Castteam blog!!! What a wonderful article and photo of you Anastasia!!! And, again, to all the teammates that put so much love and work into the blog THANK YOU!!! very well done ♥

 
On January 27, 2010 at 8:36 PM , kippyssomature said...

and my favorite is that Beautiful crochet wall cross!!!

 
On January 27, 2010 at 8:39 PM , AngelPups said...

Great feature, Matts~ You are pretty amazing ;-)

 
On January 27, 2010 at 8:50 PM , Birdhouse Blessings said...

I am really inspired when I read about someone who has 5 kids and still has time to crochet.
I love all of your items, but, I really like your scarf collars, they are very unique and beautiful.

 
On January 27, 2010 at 9:33 PM , Joyful HandKnits said...

Beautiful blue and green scarflette! Love the play of colors!

Joy from JoyfulHandKnits.etsy.com

 
On January 27, 2010 at 9:59 PM , Kathleen said...

Congrats on being featured! Love both your shops =) Aside from the darling baby cap, I love this ~

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37777441

 
On January 27, 2010 at 10:48 PM , shopgirl said...

Anastasia is a talented artist. My favorite item is... ALL of them! I love the iPod cozy!

 
On January 27, 2010 at 11:52 PM , Steph said...

Wonderful feature! I think this is my fave...so hard to choose!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37771530

 
On January 28, 2010 at 1:00 AM , Vicki said...

Anastasia was one of the very first CAST members that I got to know on the CAST thread. She's a great friend and a wonderful yarn artist! I have purchased several items from her shop. The quality of her work is excellent. It was great to get to know her a little better through this feature.

 
On January 28, 2010 at 6:28 AM , Shari Tombs said...

Quickly dropping by - great new feature for the blog & a great artist to start with. I definitely love the Soft Satiny Scaflette - the zig-zags are what makes it unique. way to go Anastasia! :)

 
On January 28, 2010 at 11:16 AM , Knit2getherInLove said...

Love the new scarf too! Long fringe it fabulous.
It is real nice learning more about you too!

 
On January 28, 2010 at 1:11 PM , fairtradefamily said...

love those all :)

 
On January 29, 2010 at 3:31 PM , Lucy79 said...

Woohoo! Love this feature, seller and shops are AWESOME!!

 
On January 30, 2010 at 1:38 PM , Beantree Designs said...

great idea, letting us all get to know each other. Love Anastasia's work.

 
On January 30, 2010 at 2:34 PM , Stitches In Cotton said...

So happy for you Anastasia! I have enjoyed getting to know you through the threads and the chat a while ago.

I am also starting homeschool soon.

Love all your stuff!

http://www.stitchesincotton.com
http://www.stitchesincotton.etsy.com

 
On February 1, 2010 at 9:16 PM , Pattie said...

This is my favorite though it is for infants :D I really love the colors in it though!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18604541