Today is my country, Canada's Thanksgiving.  Our Thanksgiving is for thanking God for all the blessings of the fall harvest.  While we enjoy our family and stuff ourselves with turkey, squash, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie we take turns sharing about something we are thankful for. It is great to be thankful on this holiday, but we should be thankful all the time. 


 In Philippians 4:8 Paul says 'Finally brethren whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

This seamed like a tall order, especially when I was raised with lots of negativity.  For years I have been trying to overcome negative thinking and doing.

A couple of months ago I decided that I wanted to be much more positive.

It takes 40 days to make or break a habit.  I have decided to use 365 days.  Every day I try to blog about something positive . If I have to miss a day or two I will blog about the days I missed also. 

I am on day 50. One thing that I have noticed is that I think on the positive, not the negative and I have  a happy life.  The not so nice things in my life have become very small, insignificant.

Philippians 4:8 does work.  I challenge you to try it.  



https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/TheButlersCreations?ref=hdr

Comments (4)

On October 13, 2014 at 9:39 AM , Unknown said...

Very good devotion. Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving

 
On October 13, 2014 at 8:33 PM , KarenW said...

It's easy to find the negative. Great idea to look for the positive. Thanks for the challenge.

 
On October 14, 2014 at 7:12 AM , watercolors said...

Lovely post. Thanks so much for including my Thanksgiving ACEO.

 
On October 21, 2014 at 3:51 PM , The REAL EverSewSweet said...

I have a lot of bad habits to break, and a lot of good ones yet to develop! Thanks, Joyce!