The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.
Psalm 23:1-3

This last week has been one of worldwide turmoil with, among other crises, rioters running amok in London and the world's share markets looking more like rollercoaster rides than serious financial institutions.  On a more personal level, I have found myself in frequent emotional turmoil over the last month or so as I contiue to grieve over the sudden loss of my beloved father and hear about the recent losses and tragedies experienced by quite a few of my online and offline friends.

Hope canvas panel by grace for grace

With all of this in mind, I thought I would share the first few verses of Psalm 23, a psalm which I know really struck a chord with my dad as he bravely battled cancer, and one which is well known to many even in the secular world.  This psalm by David reminds me that God cares for his people and provides for them.  He guides our paths and leads us in righteousness.  This doesn't mean that we will never experience suffering, but as the rest of the psalm points out, we can be comforted that God is with us always, in the tough times and the good times.

Votive candle holder by Angela's Glass Studio

So I pray, as you enjoy this week's "green pastures"-inspired finds, and as you sadly hear about the latest world calamities or tragedy which has struck your friends or family, that you will be continually reminded of the great love and provision from your Shepherd, the one and only God.


Green vintage buttons by Rural Retreat Vintage

Seafoam flower earrings by Ingrid's Creations

Key rack by Pretty Lovely Painting

Amigurumi turtle by Teslas' 90

Chainmaille bracelet by Shadow Cutter Jewelry

Batik table runner by Picket Fence Fabric

Fine art photo print by Bonnie Bruno Photography

Comments (8)

On August 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Green pastures and God's comfort are definitely somethings worth meditating on this week. Thanks Deb!

 
On August 12, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Gorgeous greens!! Well done, Sue!

 
On August 12, 2011 at 11:05 AM , Kathy Lambert said...

Beautiful Psalm! Beautiful "green pastures" finds!

Hope everyone has a blessed week!

~kathy

 
On August 12, 2011 at 11:31 AM , Tricia said...

Beautiful post! I love Psalm 23!

 
On August 12, 2011 at 1:17 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Thank you Deb. Psalm 23 is one of my favorites.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On August 12, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Dena said...

Love your blog post today. Love the 23rd Psalm.

 
On August 12, 2011 at 9:06 PM , sammysgrammy (aka Rita) said...

Hi Deb. Thoughtful and precious

 
On August 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM , krafterskorner said...

Great post! Lovely items!