by Angel of bamcraftymommas

 I get by with a little help from my friends. You know how sometimes you try to figure 
something out for so long and you just can't get the look that you want? That is how I was feeling about our shop avatar. I wanted it to be cute and fun and unique while showing the feel of our shop and I was just not succeeding.

Here is where it is totally awesome to be CAST team member. While I tried different ideas my fellow members gave me advice and help which I was so grateful for. I still for some reason was not able to get the look I was after

I had previously been using a photo of one of our scrapbooks but it just was not right.
 So then I tried using a photo of a sign I had made to use at shows.
I then realized that our avi should be one of our chalkboard mats.  I tried taking photos of what I was looking for but it was just not photographing well, probably user error.
The amazing and talented Sheila of sewfaithful totally swooped in to my rescue. In a matter of minutes she was able to get the exact look I had in mind and that is avatar we are now using.

It is great to have talented friends who are so willing to share their gifts with me, I am so blessed.
Angel

Thanks so much, Angel, for being a Guest Blogger.  We love Guest Bloggers. If you have an idea for a blog post for the CAST blog contact Sue at SueRunyonDesigns

Comments (9)

On August 11, 2011 at 8:48 AM , Allison Ross said...

Oh, I didn't realize Sheila had a hand in that! I love your new Avi, it is perfect! And the CAST members have been an incredible blessing to me as well :-)

 
On August 11, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Becky K. said...

I remember watching all of that happen. It was fun to watch it evolve.

 
On August 11, 2011 at 9:58 AM , Niki Jackson said...

Your av does look fab!! Niki x

 
On August 11, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Tricia Graft said...

I'm with Becky, it was fun 'watching' you and Shiela go back and forth on the design. The end result is absolutely perfect! Great to have a team of supporting brothers and sisters to help when needed! Be blessed!

 
On August 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM , krafterskorner said...

Yes, it is great that we can help each other like that.

 
On August 13, 2011 at 9:52 AM , Sue Runyon said...

This was so fun to watch "unfold" on the CAST discussion thread!

 
On August 14, 2011 at 6:59 AM , Crafty Mommas said...

thanks all! I really am so blessed!

 
On August 14, 2011 at 7:09 AM , Unknown said...

It's great to be part of such a helpful caring group.

 
On August 14, 2011 at 10:21 AM , Sheila said...

It was a lot of fun! Sometimes we get better ideas for someone else, instead of for our own shop, which is so cool!