"O' Give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good. His mercy endureth forever."  1 Chronicles 16:24


It's been a busy, busy week around here.  Two huge projects with quickly approaching deadlines at my "day" job, VBS each evening, kid's field trips two days, and jewelry orders to fill several evenings after getting home from church.  It all left this mom, wife, employee, and business owner tired and overwhelmed.

Regardless, it all was there and it all needed tending to... no matter how tired or how overwhelmed I felt.   One thing I've learned over the last few years, though, is that if I will give up my attempts to control it all then God will meet me right there in the middle of my overwhelmed and my tired.  He will lift me up, He will strengthen me, He will help me find ways to get it all done.

This week was no exception.  Just when I thought I couldn't get thru it all, there He was with co-workers willing to lend an extra hand, a husband that took time away from his job to help make all the home stuff stay in order, and friends to laugh with me when I needed it the most.

Another thing he gave me?  The beautiful sound of children's voices singing of Him, the wonder in their little eyes as they learned about Him, and their laughter as it rang thru the halls of our church each evening.

Thursday evening I had a break in my own VBS responsiblities and I took that time to sit in our sanctuary and listen to the sounds of those sweet, sweet voices sing.  The song?  "Give Thanks".  I can't even begin to describe what swept over me as I listened and sang along, "Give Thanks with a grateful heart, Give Thanks to the Holy One, Give Thanks because He's given Jesus Christ His Son...."

In that moment, I was stopped in my tracks with overwhelming feelings of thanksgiving for all God had given me as He held my hand thru a busy week, as He cares for me each and every day, as I thought of my friends and family He has given me, as He gave me a few still moments to listen to children's voices singing to Him with gratitude.

This weekend we celebrate our nation's freedom; yet another gift from our Lord.  I can't imagine living in any other country -- yes, we are blessed.

Happy Sunday and Happy 4th of July!

Melanie/Beads-N-Style

Comments (3)

On July 3, 2011 at 7:14 PM , Rita said...

Totally beautiful post, Melanie. Gratitude is music to God's ears.

 
On July 3, 2011 at 11:04 PM , Sue Anderson said...

Wonderful post. Yes, we are certainly blessed.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On July 4, 2011 at 12:00 AM , Angelic Emypress said...

WOW that is a great post. It's amazing how God is always there, right when we need Him. :)