posted by Colleen Conrad of Conrad Designs

Introducing Anita Martinez from Creations by Anna 

My name is Anita and I am a native of Texas. However I was raised in the cold state of Michigan where I now live with my daughter and two grandsons. I grew up with a family of crafters from sewing to cooking to decorating and creating beautiful embellishments. I recall as a little girl watching my mom and older sisters always creating some kind of craft and just could not wait until I was old enough to create my own crafts. About ten years ago I started to fiddle with beads and create simple jewelry pieces for family and friends. As the years went by I explored with more medias such as polymer clay, wire wrapping, chain malle, to now bead embroidery. This is where my love of the art is, bead embroidery.  It is like a form of art painting only you are painting with seed beads. It truly is a form of peace and restful time for me when I am designing my pieces. My favorite gemstone is turquoise and I have always been drawn to the Southwestern and Native American look.
Summer Harvest Necklace
How did I get started with Etsy?

Well I knew nothing about Etsy nor that it existed. I was through my friend Rachele who introduced and convinced me to open a shop with Etsy and I have loved it ever since.  Its work but I love it.




Sterling Silver Hyacinth Beaded Earings
How did I choose my shop name?

My Spanish name is Ana and my nickname is Anastasia. I decided to use the 1st three letters of Anastasia which in turn is Ana. I strongly feel that my creations are a God given gift, it just made since to combine creations with Ana, thus CreationsbyAna was chosen for my shop name.
Succor Creek Bead Woven Metal Cuff
What does a typical day look like for you?
Most days I try to start with a thankful heart to God for another day. With the coffee brewing and the computer booting up my day begins. 1st I check my Etsy shop for any overnight messages or convos. Then I check my e-mails anywhere from 15 to 30 e-mails and respond to them. Then I check in with FB make my comments. I try to check in with FB at least 3 to 5 times a day and try to work on bead embroidery about 3 to 4 hrs a day. Unless it is my photo day there is no time for beading. A photo day for me is taking photos about 7 of each item, editing them, and listing on to my shop and sharing with FB and my Etsy Bead Weavers Team. When I am working on my bead embroidery an idea or an inspiration will come to me and that is how many of my creations come to reality.
Ginger Spice Beaded Necklace
Where would if be if I could be anywhere in the world?
Oh my if this one counts it would a gorgeous sunny day sitting down with God and just talking about everything, but if this does not count then it would be Savannah Georgia.
Czech Button Bead Woven Broach
What is my favorite bible verse?
Jeremiah 29, 11 --- "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
This verse has kept me from throwing in the towel and giving up. Many times we let our stresses and cares of this life take priority over God. Thus when we are going through a trial or an unwanted experience and everything just feels like a much heavy load on our backs. Just when we feel like we are going to give up God reminds us that he has a plan for us and it is a good plan.
Where can we find you on the Internet? 
My Etsy Shop, Creations by Anna http://www.etsy.com/shop/creationsbyana

Thanks to Anita for sharing her story and her art.  Please visit her shop and share some love!
. . .  and the winner of last week's giveaway is Becky K.  Congratulations.   I will contact you and Anita soon.

Comments (8)

On June 30, 2011 at 10:35 AM , Tricia said...

Your designs are absolutely gorgeous! Working with primarily seed beads would drive me nutz. (getting to old to find some of the holes lol)

 
On June 30, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Sherri Ward said...

Lovely colors, great style!

 
On June 30, 2011 at 9:34 PM , Rita said...

Beautiful work, Ana. And so good to get to know you a little bit

 
On June 30, 2011 at 9:41 PM , Julia Badgley said...

How intricate! Beautiful!

 
On June 30, 2011 at 9:55 PM , LittleElf said...

Wow, such beautiful bead work, I am totally amazed! ^_^

 
On July 1, 2011 at 12:42 AM , Lizzi said...

What beautiful work! I love your necklaces especially!!

 
On July 1, 2011 at 5:41 PM , Art and Sew Forth said...

WOW! Just gorgeous! I love beaded art and yours is outstanding!

 
On July 1, 2011 at 10:49 PM , Sheila said...

Your work is just amazing. SO nice to meet you.