by Phyllis Ducey
pfdoriginalartworks




Trust: (noun)
  • firm belief or confidence in the honesty, integrity, reliability, justice, etc. of another person or thing; faith;
  • reliance the person or thing trusted
  • confident expectation, anticipation, or hope: to have trust in the future
Above is the dictionary definition for the word trust. When my son was in Boy Scouts they put it quite simply by giving the example of turning on a light switch. You did not doubt the light would turn on, you expected it to and you had confidence as you flipped it up. My faith I think is very much the same as that childlike faith towards a light switch. I turn to God and I expect He is there. Even in my most stressful times, I don't doubt my God is always there for me.

My biggest problem is the everyday. The Sunday Scripture post (4/10/11) by Melanie (Beads-N-Style) stated the same thing just in a different way. (I hope to carry the thought a little further in this post.) There are days that work gets so stressful, I want to just numb my mind by playing a computer game. I realize it is a time waster but do it anyway. I don't want to think at that time nor talk. (I talk more than enough at work.) I want to "veg out".

I don't believe there is anything inherently wrong in that as long as it is in moderation. (When it becomes all consuming I think then there is a problem.) Most of us have some type of time waster (for some it is TV) we engage in that has no real constructive value nor does it glorify the Lord. The problem I have with it is that it blocks my thoughts from dwelling on the blessings God has given me and/or it blocks my trusting in Him to relax my mind.

My question to myself is: if I have total trust that God handles the big things in life why would I not have it for Him to take care of the little things? I honestly feel that most of the time I do trust BUT also I find myself wanting to be in control and force outcomes to be the way I think they should be. Even in prayer I may give God my account of how I think the outcome should be. For example I may pray "God please let them get that house they want" as opposed to praying "Lord, please direct them to the house of Your choice and give them discernment to know it when they see it."
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding
Prov 3:5
When I start trying to take control, I am leaning on my own understanding. But God tells me not to do that. He tells me to trust with all my heart. What God has been laying on my heart lately is to totally lean on Him for each part of my day. That is why I need to be so careful about how much time I spend on my mind numbing, time wasting activity because whenever my mind is not engaged, it is then not engaged on my Lord. When my mind is not engaged on my Lord, it is not trusting and I begin to take control. When I take control, I decide the direction I want to go. When I decide the direction I want to go, I am wandering aimlessly because I do not know what is behind the next bend.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight
Proverbs 3:5-6
When I trust in the Lord, submit to His ways, allow Him to direct my path... I know I am safe because He knows what is behind every bend in the road.

*********************************************

The joy of being part of our CAST Team is the encouragement we all receive from each other whether it be in the Word of God or our variety of creativity we display in our shops. Please check out these wonderful CASTers and give their shops some love!
















Necklace by ornatetreasures




















Collage painting by NotionsofFancy















Crochet hat
by cynsknitcrochet

Comments (12)

On April 11, 2011 at 1:28 AM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Thank you for this post Phyllis - it has been a good reminder of the importance of trusting our sovereign God.

 
On April 11, 2011 at 5:07 AM , learn oil painting said...

I like your blog!...Daniel

 
On April 11, 2011 at 6:39 AM , Jessica said...

I am honored to be included in this lovely post. Thank you so very much Phyllis!

 
On April 11, 2011 at 6:46 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

Thank you Phyllis for this beautiful reminder....♥
Monika

 
On April 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM , sammysgrammy said...

I'm so blessed by your vision. Thank you for sharing with us. We begin to see into the depths of this wonderful instruction of the Lord's.

 
On April 11, 2011 at 1:09 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

I always love reading your posts and always so appropriate for me.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On April 11, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Sherri Ward said...

Excellent, I appreciate this. Wasn't that at least part of the original sin in the garden - wanting to be in control rather than trusting and obeying God?

 
On April 11, 2011 at 8:00 PM , Art and Sew Forth said...

If the light is always on, we don't need to trust. It's when it goes off that we are put face to face with our own faith. It's easy to acknowledge Him in the light....but it's in the dark that we see how deep out trust goes. Dark is good in that aspect. Your posts always make me think and force me to reset my focus. Thank you.

Love that little bunny all hanging.
Patty

 
On April 11, 2011 at 10:33 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Thank you so much, Phyllis. I love it when the CAST Team blog writers expand on each others ideas and thoughts. It's so nice to be reminded throughout the week. It just really seems like the Lord is keeping our thoughts on those points when that happens.

 
On April 12, 2011 at 7:18 AM , luvncrafts said...

Great post!! Proverbs 3:5-6 is my "life verse".
lovely items too!

 
On April 12, 2011 at 4:58 PM , Melanie said...

This is such a great post, Phyllis! I can relate on so many levels... thank you!

 
On April 13, 2011 at 12:59 AM , Z said...

This scripture is my go-to scripture when I'm going through so much, and I don't know what to do. This one and "God Loves Me".

My minister from church let me know that I don't trust God, when I get angry or frustrated or confused about things going on around me.

So I say this scripture all the time. When I don't feel like it. When it doesn't look like I can trust God.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. :D