And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28



When the big things in life happen - we lose a loved one, we lose a job, we suffer a major illness - it seems only natural that we as Christians turn to God.  We know God will be there beside us and help us thru that difficult time.  And, as God is so very faithful, he does that.. each and every time.



But what about the small stuff?  What do we do on those days where nothing seems to go quite right?  We start the day late because we forget to the set the alarm clock, we lose our keys, we're running late for just about everything all day long... what do we do on those days?

Sometimes I think that is the kind of stuff that makes me the craziest... not the great big stuff, but the little stuff.  That's the kind of stuff God has been speaking to me about lately.  Letting it go and turning it over to Him.  Surely if I can turn over the big stuff then I can also give him the little stuff, right?

There's a song out right now by Francesca Battistelli titled "This is the Stuff" and this is just what it talks about.  It's really been a great reminder to me on those days when all the little stuff just keeps on creeping in.  Here are the words to the chorus:

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

The part that gets me everytime is "In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed".  How I can forget how blessed I am just because I lost my keys is beyond me, but it happens every time.  I get so frustrated that I completely lose sight of the bigger picture.

Little by little, though, I'm learning that the little stuff isn't such a big deal and that I can give all that to God just like I can the big stuff.  Now, that is a blessing!


Happy Sunday!  Enjoy the day and let God take all that little stuff and show you just how blessed you are!

Melanie/Beads-N-Style



Comments (9)

On April 9, 2011 at 11:31 PM , Bing ReMade said...

Great Scripture and great song, love it, God uses every little detail to shape and mold our lives!

 
On April 10, 2011 at 12:36 AM , Dawnmarie said...

Oh WOW Melanie! You are so right. It IS so easy to forget how blessed we are.

 
On April 10, 2011 at 1:32 AM , Campbell Jane said...

That's my favorite scripture. Awesome post! Thanks!

 
On April 10, 2011 at 8:36 AM , Christie Cottage said...

Wonderful post!


Have a wonderful week!

<><
http://christiecottage.blogpsot.com

 
On April 10, 2011 at 9:22 AM , Sue Runyon said...

So true, Melanie. Just what I needed to hear today too!

 
On April 10, 2011 at 12:22 PM , pfd said...

Great post. It is like not being able to see the forest through the trees. We get so lost in our little messes we do forget our blessings.

 
On April 10, 2011 at 1:42 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Thank you Melanie! I have a bulletin board right behnid my computer screen. I should make a list of my blessings and put them in front of my face.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On April 10, 2011 at 4:54 PM , Sherri Ward said...

When I run out of patience because of the little things, I should remember His bigger picture and bigger blessings and be thankful He never runs out of patience with me!

 
On April 11, 2011 at 7:51 AM , Unknown said...

amen! true words to live by! Great way to start the day, thanks!!
happy day,
micah