MATTHEW 10:32-33
32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.
33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.



http://www.etsy.com/listing/72257517/faith-is-daring-the-soul-to-go-beyond


It is truly not my intention to sound anything but loving writing on this Scripture but it is my intent that all know that our God is a serious and selfish God.  He sent His son as the sacrificial lamb, so that we could be absolved of our sins. He does not want us to know any other gods but Him. Denying His son is denying Him.

Reading this Scripture, it does not say, if you know Me, it's okay to keep that hidden or side step a question, if you are not sure how someone will take you.  Or, when in the presence of non-believers, to fade into the background.
It says that if we deny Jesus before others, He will deny us to His Father.


I know, for me, that I will never deny Him because, first and foremost, I love Him, but that Scripture puts fear in my heart.  To be denied before God, is the worst punishment I could think of.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/70965698/needle-felted-easter-egg-pysanky-style

http://www.etsy.com/listing/69359071/help-blitzen-card-5x7-watercolor-print

http://www.etsy.com/listing/72305638/note-cards-set-of-two-sunset-flowers

http://www.etsy.com/listing/69228340/garden-of-the-gods-manitou-springs-pikes

http://www.etsy.com/listing/72285116/handmade-broken-china-mosaic-a-charming

http://www.etsy.com/listing/72084909/original-painting-impressionistic

http://www.etsy.com/listing/72135867/8x8-matte-print-faith-white-church
 

Jesus is serious business.  We have to put Him before anyone or anything else.  Always.

Please click on these beautiful items and please leave us a comment.
Blessings to all♥
Sue Anderson
mysavior.etsy.com

Comments (12)

On April 16, 2011 at 9:44 PM , jcsvisuals said...

Thank you for your efforts and including my work (impressionist painting) in this heartfelt post.
Beautiful work everyone and Happy Easter...

 
On April 16, 2011 at 10:23 PM , Sharon Yoder said...

This scripture is very timely. As we approach Easter and are reminded of all that has been done for us by our Lord, the least we can do is to acknowledge him to those around us. When I created the egg pictured above, I hoped that it would be one way to do that in my shop.

 
On April 16, 2011 at 10:40 PM , mateo & tobias said...

Wonderful post! I wholeheartedly agree with it. When reading it, I thought of this passage from Matthew 7:21 - "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven."

Thanks so much for including my "Faith Is Daring The Soul To Go Beyond What The Eyes Can See" wall print! I love all of the items that you have featured! We have some talented CAST members!

Have a great evening!
Cathy

http://www.mateoandtobias.blogspot.com

 
On April 16, 2011 at 11:18 PM , pfd said...

Sue, great job in reminding us the importance of acknowledging who God is in our life and can be to others.

Thanks for including my flower cards!

 
On April 16, 2011 at 11:42 PM , Melanie said...

Such an important reminder to us all. Thanks, Sue!

 
On April 17, 2011 at 7:19 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

Sue, how important a message this is. There is a difference between the casual Christian and the real believer and I do hope people will know the difference.
Thank you so kindly for featuring my handmade Mosaic "What not Cabinet".♥
Monika

 
On April 17, 2011 at 9:43 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Amen, Sue. I think that just being a member of the CAST Team on Etsy is one more way to acknowledge Christ before the world. I know there are multitudes of threads in the Etsy forums from people stating they refuse to buy from anyone who post scripture in their shop announcement, etc, but I'm still doing it :-) Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

 
On April 17, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Art and Sew Forth said...

Thank you, Sue. I am reminded of a new believer I knew in college who went back to his gang-infested neighborhood after accepting Christ. These were his friends he had grown up with. But as he shared about Jesus they turned on him, physically assaulting him. But his love for God and these gang members kept him going after them. It was a while, but after much abuse, they realized his sincerity and love for them was real. Many were saved as a result. I am always reminded of him even, many years later, and wonder if I could do such a thing. I do know that we never know how real our confessions are until they are tested. Johnny Maz was real both inside and out!

 
On April 17, 2011 at 3:05 PM , SHEILA said...

When this subject comes up, I always think of Rachel Scott, one of the students killed in the Columbine massacre. She said "yes" when she was asked by the gunman if she believed in God. I pray that I will have that same courage, even is lesser circumstances. Thanks for the reminder.

 
On April 17, 2011 at 7:34 PM , Kimberly said...

Thank you Sue for stating your love for God so lovingly, but with truth. You are so right in saying that God is selfish. He wants us to put nothing before Him. Such a good reminder today. Thanks again and have a wonderful evening. Blessings, Kimberly

 
On April 18, 2011 at 1:54 AM , Donna (Twinmountainpottery) said...

Beautiful post! Thank you for sharing. I have never denied my faith, but until the past few years I don't think I shared it or "wore" it like I should have.

 
On April 18, 2011 at 11:08 AM , Rose said...

My whole Christian Adornments shop is a public acknowledgement. LOL
I LOVE JESUS AND I WANT EVERYBODY TO KNOW IT!

Rose :)