Praise the LORD, O my soul;
   all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, O my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
   and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
   and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Psalm 103:1-5

Psalm 68 vs. 4 artwork by Angela's Heartwork

Psalm 103 is one of my favourite Psalms, one which is full of words of encouragement and comfort.  These first five verses alone tell us so many wonderful things about our Lord and God.  We are called to praise God, to praise Him with our souls, our entire beings.  Why?  Because his name is holy and that should be our response to a holy God.

Praise the Lord card by Stitchin' Mommy

We are further called to praise God and not to forget his benefits.  What are these benefits?  He forgives our sins, he heals us and he redeems us from the pit of hell.  He also offers us love and compassion and satisfies our desires with good things.

Praise the Lord earrings by PrincessEMarie

Let me hasten to add that I don't think these verses are saying that our lives will be perfect in this imperfect world.  Nevertheless, the psalmist attributes our many blessings to the Lord and cites these (along with God's holiness) as reasons to praise Him. So let us all endeavour to wholeheartedly praise the Lord, I know it's something I don't do often enough. Perhaps you could use some handy reminders such as these lovely CAST team creations!


Hymns of praise postcards by Fiddledeedee

Praise journal by Inspiring Interludes

Glass Pendant by Wild Apple Design

Praise God tile by tilesmile

Rooster giclee print by The Old Post Road

Comments (11)

On March 11, 2011 at 1:03 PM , sammysgrammy said...

I saw this post and was so stunned........I sat with my mouth open for a few minutes. It is the same scripture for my devotions this morning. I love when the Lord does this, making sure I really HEAR Him.

You did a great job with the items you featured highlighting, so beautifully, Psalm 103

 
On March 11, 2011 at 2:05 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Deb - Wonderful wonderful post!
Thank you for all the finds also.
♥♥♥
Sue

 
On March 11, 2011 at 2:56 PM , Vanessa said...

Praise the Lord! What a wonderful post and awesome finds.

 
On March 12, 2011 at 6:52 AM , ChocolateDogStudio said...

This is an awesome blog post! Thanks for reminding us to praise him all the time.

 
On March 12, 2011 at 8:51 AM , Angela's Heartwork said...

Beautiful blog post. It is a God-thing indeed as I have been wrapped around this Psalm the past few days (just added a new heartwork to my shop featuring the first 2 lines of this Psalm!). Thank you for sharing & for including one of my pieces!

Counting it all joy,
Angela

 
On March 12, 2011 at 9:43 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Isn't that amazing that two of you have been considering the words of this Psalm already and then Deb was led to choose it for today. I think God is really using this forum to speak to people.

Thanks Deb for the encouraging Psalm today and for the beautiful finds!

 
On March 12, 2011 at 3:58 PM , PrincessEMarie said...

Wonderful praise reminding post! Thank you for sharing! :o)

 
On March 12, 2011 at 5:34 PM , Sarah said...

Great post! Our God is definitely deserving of our praise!

 
On March 12, 2011 at 6:49 PM , Donna said...

So happy to be included in your post praising our wonderful Savior....so glad to be a part of Castteam! Thanks for making my Praise Journal a part of the praise chorus!

 
On March 12, 2011 at 10:47 PM , pfd said...

Love the choice of verses and the shops!

 
On March 12, 2011 at 11:09 PM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Wow, I am blown away by the fact that Rita and Angela were both inspired by this Psalm this week too! It certainly is a Psalm that has brought me a lot of comfort. :)