Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
1 John 4:7-11
Red heart bib necklace by Big Island Rose Designs
I thought that I would follow on from Sue's great LOVE Friday finds last week with a passage about God's love this week.  This passage, and the verses immediately following it in 1 John 4, have a special place in my heart as my husband and I used it as one of the Bible readings at our wedding.  One of the reasons we chose these verses was because of verse 10 (the second last sentence) -  what a mind blowing example of love God has given us!

 Red Bible cover by Carry the Word

God showed his love to us by offering his only Son, Jesus, to take the punishment we deserve.  Jesus, the perfect one, offered as our atoning sacrifice!  And even more amazing is that God offered us salvation, not because we loved him, but because he loved us.  But the passage doesn't stop there, John continues with a call for believers to love each other as God has so loved us.

Red rose suncatcher by Diana's Creations

I don't know about you, but for me, this is a challenge because I often do struggle with loving others and thinking of them before I think of myself.  I need constant reminding of God's example of love.  So as you enjoy the red-themed CAST team Friday finds, and as many around the world celebrate "love" or dream of finding "love" this Valentine's day, I pray that you will be reminded of God's love and the Bible's call for us to love as God does.


Recycled paper bead pendant by ReLoved Designs

Keychain wristlet by Bagalicious

Curly-Q earrings by Heart Escapes

Red cardinal tags by Paper Quick

Red cottage birdhouse by Birdhouse Blessings

Cherry red hat by Wedding Treasure

Comments (5)

On February 11, 2011 at 2:44 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Deb, this is spectacular. What zesty items! I love it when one post on this blog inspires the next. Thanks for the inspiration to take us into the weekend!

 
On February 11, 2011 at 3:35 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Thanks Deb!

God's Love - makes my heart feel good.
Great finds!

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On February 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Wonderful red loveliness!! I LOVE red!

 
On February 11, 2011 at 4:35 PM , Unknown said...

Thanks Deb for your hard work~ loving "the words" and loving your "red-red-red" choices. So very sweet~

 
On February 11, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Christie Cottage said...

This is a wonderful post filled with His word and some great items too!

<><
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com