"Be still and know that I am God...." Psalm 46:10


Is it just me, or is it just hard to be still?  It seems there is just always something to do, somewhere to be, thoughts to constantly occupy my mind.  There is just so much... and, so much of it has nothing to do with being still.  And, add to that, not much that has to do with being still and listening to God.  Our world is all about busy, busy, busy.

This is something God has really been speaking to me about over the last couple of years.  I'm so wrapped in all that I think I need to "do", that I spend very little time being still... and less being still and listening to Him.

I'm still learning, but I'm quiet more and I'm listening more.  But, even as I'm still learning, I can say undoubtedly that He will meet you there in that quiet time.  He will bless you and lead you and you will be so thankful you took the time.

So, on this blessed Sunday we have been given to remember our Lord and spend special time with Him... let us learn to be more quiet, more still, and more in tune with our Lord.

Happy Sunday!



Comments (7)

On January 30, 2011 at 3:31 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

I have learned that there are no coincidences when the Lord is involved. This verse has been on my heart all this week. Thank you, Melanie, for confirmation.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On January 30, 2011 at 10:07 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Melanie, I needed that. Thanks so much!

 
On January 30, 2011 at 11:04 AM , Sherri Ward said...

Me too, love this verse and need the reminder!

 
On January 30, 2011 at 1:14 PM , Unknown said...

Stillness is something I struggle with! I really need to take time to just sit & listen! Thank you for the reminder. :)

 
On January 30, 2011 at 1:38 PM , myeuropeantouch said...

It is hard...and I try again and again. Sometimes I am successfull and sometimes life get's in the way.
But I love to talk to God and he talks to me, I know...

 
On January 30, 2011 at 11:33 PM , Kathleen said...

Amen - great reminder! I have this verse on my fridge - lol - in LARGE print - so I can read it every day =D

 
On January 31, 2011 at 12:45 AM , pfd said...

I love this verse and constantly struggle with quieting my mind! Thanks for the encouraging words Melanie.