Rainbow keychain by Potato Face

One of my recent readings during my personal devotion time was from Genesis 9 where God promised Noah that:

“This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life."  Genesis 9:12-15 (NIV)

Rainbow silk bowtie by Julie Riisnaes

Reading this passage was a timely reminder to me of just how faithful and merciful our God is.  He makes wonderful promises to His people in the Bible, and unlike sinful man, He keeps His promises.  I know that we can forgot God's faithfulness during the various highs and especially the lows of our lives.  But I pray that you will be constantly reminded of God's  promises to us, His people, and of how faithful He is in keeping the promises He makes.  And I hope that you enjoy this selection of rainbow items by your fellow CAST members!

Rainbow beanie by crochet and more

Ponytail holder set by Button Boutique

Eiffel tower blank card by Mysavior


Post by Deb (dspdavey/Two Cheeky Monkeys)

Comments (10)

On November 26, 2010 at 10:53 AM , pfd said...

Deb - great finds for Friday and a wonderful reminder of God's faithfulness! Thanks

 
On November 26, 2010 at 12:06 PM , Anonymous said...

This is absolutely lovely and a wonderful encouragement! Thank you!!!

 
On November 26, 2010 at 12:11 PM , Tricia said...

Fabulous post! I am encouraged and reminded of God's promise to us everytime I see a rainbow. Great finds today!

 
On November 26, 2010 at 1:08 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

I enjoyed this so much. I love being reminded of our Lord's promises.

Thank you for including my photograph.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On November 26, 2010 at 1:32 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

What lovely colors, thank you for sharing Deb!

 
On November 26, 2010 at 3:27 PM , watercolors said...

Absolutely love to think and be reminded of God's promises.

Lovely rainbows.
Roxanne

 
On November 26, 2010 at 9:51 PM , JulieandMax said...

Beautiful finds - rainbows are my favourite thing as they remind me of God's promise.

 
On November 27, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Julie Riisnaes said...

I LOVE rainbows! Thank you for reminding us of God's faithful promises (& thank you too for showing off my bow tie!!)

 
On November 27, 2010 at 9:56 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks, Deb. What a bright, cheerful and hope-filled post!

 
On November 29, 2010 at 10:12 AM , Unknown said...

Love them all!!! Great blog!!!