For this featured seller post we have the distinct honor of introducing to you Corinne Battle of Bagalicious! Please have a read and go check out her shop!


Tell us a little about yourself! Hi everyone! I'm a NY transplant living in the Boston area. I'm married to a wonderful Godly man and have two elementary-aged children, Savannah age 7
and Nathan age 6. One is very strong willed (like her mom) and the other is more gentle-spirited, so we have a good balance of personalities in the home! I am a former computer professional who is currently a stay at home mom, with a crafting business. I LOVE to create and you could say, it's a bit of an obsession. Thankfully,I have my husband to help put the reins on my obsession! :-)




How did you get your start on Etsy? After quitting my job to be home with the children, I rekindled a love of sewing that I had when I was a teen. I started with curtains and clothes for my daughter but that was short-lived since she did not like anything that I made! :-) Next I made a purse out of some home decor fabric and got so many compliments that I wondered
if I could sell them. I bumped into someone at the fabric store who told me about Etsy. From my first visit to the Etsy site I was hooked. I loved the idea of being able to sell my creations. Bagalicious was born in the summer of 2008 and continues to provide a creative outlet for me, as well as some extra income for the family.



How did you choose your shop name? I was trying to think of something fun and went through several names over the course of a week, even while I was sleeping! Eventually, the name Bagalicious popped into my head and I knew that was it. Although I now do a lot more than
just bags, I still love the name and think it suits the business well.




What does a typical day look like for you? After getting my kids on the bus at 8:00am, I turn on my computer and check my email. Some days I meet up with a friend for a morning walk but on days I'm home I usually spend some time on the computer, processing emails, Facebook, Twitter, etc. then working on sewing projects or photographs for my business. Kids are home by 3 so I put the business on hold to spend time with them, help with homework, and make a plan for cooking dinner. The biggest challenge for me is having my own business while trying to balance my responsibilities around the home. I like to cook so that is not a problem but I don't always do as much housecleaning as I should! Most of my cleaning happens when I have someone coming over. Thank goodness for friends coming over! Fortunately, my husband is very understanding.


If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be? Hmmm...that's a good question and a hard one since there are so many fabulous places that I have never been. I am very interested in seeing Israel, since it is so rich in Christian history, but I'm not sure I'd really want to go to the Middle East right now with all the turmoil happening there. So, I guess I would have to say some warm beautiful
island where I could rest and rejuvenate with my family. Hawaii would be nice!
What is your favorite Bible verse? I really love Matthew 11:28 which says: "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." It's always been very comforting to me, especially when I am feeling overwhelmed.
What is your favorite Etsy item listing to feature? My current favorite item is this iPad Sleeve:
Retro Blue and Green Ipod Case


URLs to where else we can find you on the internet (Facebook fan page, Twitter, your
own dot.com, your blog, etc)

Etsy: http://bagalicious.etsy.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bagalicious
Twitter: http://twitter.com/EtsyBagalicious
Blog: http://EtsyBagalicious.blogspot.com


The winner of the star ornaments from Shannon of Baruchslullaby is Sammysgrammy! Congratulations!

Comments (9)

On November 24, 2010 at 7:29 AM , Unknown said...

I love her items! Such a cute shop!

 
On November 24, 2010 at 9:37 AM , Zuda said...

So nice to meet Corrine! Great shop!

ZudaGay

 
On November 24, 2010 at 10:07 AM , Baby Cakes and Makes said...

Nice shop, one of my new favorites!

 
On November 24, 2010 at 10:37 AM , SHEILA said...

Beautiful items. Just my style, as I have a sewing shop I know the time it takes to make these things. You do a great job!

 
On November 24, 2010 at 3:20 PM , Colleen said...

Nice to meet Corrine. Love all of her stuff. She has a great eye for colors!

 
On November 25, 2010 at 8:25 AM , watercolors said...

Nice getting to know you and your bags, etc are really nice. Love the fabrics.
God bless and Happy Thanksgiving.
Roxanne

 
On November 25, 2010 at 10:24 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Corrine, so great to get to know you better. Lovely items--so bright and pretty!

 
On November 25, 2010 at 2:49 PM , RockinJ9designs said...

Could you have your husband talk to my husband :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Super cute stuff and the names so perfect!

 
On November 29, 2010 at 11:26 AM , Bagalicious said...

Thanks for all the great comments, everyone. I'm honored to be the featured seller this week!! God bless you all...