A sweet little Church in Mexico - taken by my friend Marko.

Phillipians 1:9-11



http://www.etsy.com/listing/55732902/dont-worry-just-pray-handmade

9And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,


http://www.etsy.com/listing/45683011/wordz-from-the-heart-snippet-pray
10so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ,



http://www.etsy.com/listing/48938592/polymer-clay-praying-angel
  11filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

We all know that when we are alone, the Lord is always with us.  But do we know that when we are part of the "Body of Christ" we are even stronger?
I am told different views from different people - have you heard this one?
You can pray anywhere, you really do not need to go to Church to pray.
YES!  This is true but don't we feel more supported when we are surrounded by friends and loved ones?  Isn't the sound of worship so much sweeter when we hear others singing with us?
I am one of those who does NOT make it to Church every week. I play worship songs on YouTube.  I listen to my Pastor's Sermons on the Church web site.
Friday of this week, I attended a new Bible Study at the nursing/assisted living home here in my town, with two of my dear friends from Church.
May I say that it was a wonderful feeling being there with them studying Phillipians.
How do you feel when you are among other worshipers?

For Where two or more gather in my name, there I am, also.
                                                  Matthew 17:20


http://www.etsy.com/listing/56388011/original-canvas-painting-design-and
Sue
MYSAVIOR.etsy.com

Comments (11)

On October 2, 2010 at 8:44 PM , myeuropeantouch said...

What a wonderful thought provoking statement. I pray where ever I am.
I pray in the car when I am driving. Sometimes I go earlier to church then I have to be there (I'm in the choir) just to have a listen and talk with God in the quietness before the service.
Also I enjoy being with fellow Christian's in church at the service and praise God and pray.
I think we can pray where ever we are, GOD hears us and he loves for us to listen too. I know!

 
On October 2, 2010 at 10:53 PM , pfd said...

God works in interesting ways. I am planning a similar theme for my blog post Monday. Wonderful thoughts and I love your choices of items.

 
On October 3, 2010 at 8:15 AM , Christie Cottage said...

Isn't great knowing that GOD is always with us to listen! Every prayer, HE hears!

Have a blessed day!

<><

 
On October 3, 2010 at 8:22 AM , The Old Cupboard Door said...

He not only hears, He answers!

I enjoyed reading your comments.

 
On October 3, 2010 at 9:10 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Lovely post, Sue! I feel like I'm with family when I'm with my little church family. :) I've worshiped with thousands a few times and that is always an amazing experience.

 
On October 3, 2010 at 9:13 AM , Judi said...

I love lifting up my voice in song with others in my church family. Although I sing and pray often on my own -- corporate worship is so amazing!

 
On October 3, 2010 at 9:57 AM , Sue Runyon said...

It's wonderful to have a set aside day to worship.

 
On October 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Unknown said...

I too pray everywhere! Being in church though fills my eyes with tears...tears of fellowship, belonging, & the sense that I am being held!

 
On October 3, 2010 at 1:39 PM , calligraphicartisan said...

I feel blessed to be in this Christ filled community.

It's amazing to feel God's presence
with us.

Blessings
Jude

 
On October 3, 2010 at 2:11 PM , Jan said...

Thanks for sharing Sue! Yes, I pray all the time wherever I am. Prayer is my lifeline!

 
On October 3, 2010 at 5:25 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Can you believe our sermon today was kind of about this?