by Phyllis Ducey
pfdoriginalartworks



I went to the computer confident I was going to write about the wonder of being a part of the church body and knowing someone is always there for me. Instead this is what the keyboard produced... maybe next week.


Sitting on a craggy rock
Cushioned by the needles of a tall pine
I wonder how one can not feel
The comforting arms of the great divine


I take a deep breath and then another
Knowing the air is not mine but God supplied
Wondering how I can see the gift from
The provider which others readily have denied


When the rain pelts the window panes
or the sun beams through the glass
When the blackest night encases the land
or rainbow shimmers briefly pass



I have a security…
a confidence that will not be shaken
filling me with awe that the creator of all the earth
has promised that I will never be forsaken


So I praise the God who made me
Who has showered me with his grace from above
And I pray for the lost and the blinded
Who have chosen not to accept his Love

I pray that their eyes will be opened
And one day they will be able to know
That there is a God who loves them deeper
Than any person will be able to show

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth.
Psalm 57:10-11

Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel,
from everlasting to everlasting.
Let all the people say, "Amen!"
Praise the LORD.
Psalm 106:48

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are some of the wonderful CAST Team shops
Please check them out and don't forget to heart!







Labradorite necklace by BeadlieveJewelry












Rainbow polar bears by thebluewindmill












Fine art print by UnexpectedTreasure















Beach glass by BeachGemming


















Pony tail holders by ButtonBoutique
















White window star by harvestmoonbyhand
















Rainbow photo by HeArtEscapes

Comments (8)

On October 3, 2010 at 10:37 PM , Anonymous said...

Love it! Amazed at how poetry flows out of you. Anxious to read the next post cause I love the subject, but wonder what is going on with you to bring that up. Miss you lots! Leaving tomorrow to visit Len's bro in SC. Love, Jan

 
On October 4, 2010 at 7:36 AM , Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Enjoyed reading your post, and looking at all the beautiful photos. Very inspiring!

Thanks too for including my white window stars along with the other products made by CAST team members. It's always interesting to see the creativity within the team!

 
On October 4, 2010 at 8:16 AM , Christie Cottage said...

Wonderful poem of praise.

<><

 
On October 4, 2010 at 8:56 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

Thank you for this Phyllis - just heartwarming.

I was going to do the Sunday Scripture based on
3I thank my God every time I remember you. 4In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

which was discussed in our Bible Study as being confident in the Lord. BUT I changed it at the last second. Amazing how these posts come out.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On October 4, 2010 at 9:49 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Amen!
Beautiful items as well!

 
On October 4, 2010 at 3:42 PM , sammysgrammy said...

He is an awesome God. Small bits of His glorious creativity are evidenced in His people. Thank you for choosing a few for us to admire.

 
On October 6, 2010 at 4:06 PM , J Honda said...

wonderful - just wonderful!!
a deep breath of fresh, clean air - Our Beloved :O)

 
On October 8, 2010 at 2:03 PM , Melanie said...

Beautiful! I am so thankful for the Divine Arms of God!