Have you ever done a trade on Etsy?
 
With the holidays coming up and money tight for a lot of our CAST Team members, trades sometimes make sense. Etsy trades are a great way to stock up on those hostess and teacher gifts, stocking stuffers and other gifts for holiday giving.

The main thing to remember when trading on Etsy is not to get your feelings hurt if someone doesn't want to trade with you. There can be many reasons for this. Often the seller just has to make cash money for their items, they just can't use what you are selling, they are trying to cut back on material possessions, their shops get very busy this time of year, they live in an RV or in one room at their parent's home or other reasons. Take a "No" gracefully. You are more likely to be successful in your trading endeavors if you sell something that is consumable than if you sell modern art prints or something else that appeals to a specific taste. Soaps, candles, food items and other consumables are used up and replaced often.
 
Remember to figure the shipping cost into the total trade figure or to offer to pay for that separately.

Trading can be a great way for new shops to get a few "sales" under their belt and get feedback on Etsy.

P.S. I used the above item to illustrate this post not because they will necessarily trade, but because they had "trade" in their name--and because it's an adorable shop :-)

Comments (5)

On October 2, 2010 at 12:58 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

I would love to trade but never really tried since I can only offer photocards and crocheting.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On October 2, 2010 at 2:46 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

I've traded on occasion when I've been asked or when someone wanted to order a custom made item and I found something in their shop that I wanted. I think it is a great way to get gifts!

 
On October 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM , pfd said...

It is very interesting and I have traded before a few times. But As Sue says, do not be offended if the other person does not want to trade and be able to say no if you do not see something you really want.

 
On October 3, 2010 at 7:41 AM , Christie Cottage said...

I have traded and 97% were wonderful trades.

The cookies are adorable.

Have a blessed day!

<><

 
On October 4, 2010 at 7:40 AM , Harvest Moon by Hand said...

I've done trading, and have always had a positive experience doing so.

If someone is interested in trading, come take a look at my shop on Etsy. I'm always looking for gifts for families and friends.

My shop is Harvest Moon by Hand: http://www.harvestmoonbyhand.etsy.com