As you probably already know, CAST Team has a new Facebook Page and it's gaining new followers every day. With all the new followers I was able to shorten the url to:

http://www.facebook.com/castteametsy

You can bookmark the url to find it easily.

In my opinion, Facebook is always a little glitchy and that's proven to be the case with the set-up for the new page. It's been a learning process. I know that many of you have not been receiving updates on your own walls for the CAST page. I've investigated the cause of that and it seems that Facebook has mysterious algorithms that decide what they think you are going to want to see. It was news to me that not all the updates from all my friends and "likes" were coming through to my wall, but that's the case.

Judy from AngelsnEverlastings was very helpful in introducing me to some settings that you can tweak in order to allow more updates through to your news feed on your wall.

On your own personal Facebook home page, scroll to the bottom to the light blue bar where you normally click the link to see "Older Posts." On the right side of that there should be a link that says "Edit Options." Click it.

You will get a pop-up that has a little box where you can enter the "Number of Friends." You can set this as high as 5000 to allow the maximum number of updates to get through. This is especially necessary if you have a lot of friends and have "liked" a lot of pages.

Right under that box is a link for "View Recommended Friends." Click it.  All your friends and pages should pop up there. Scroll to the the CAST Team. Click CAST Team to highlight it in blue so that Facebook knows you want CAST posts on your wall. Save the settings. You will probably still only get the posts by Admin from CAST, but there doesn't seem to be anything we can do about that.

Also, it may be confusing to some that there are two admins and we are both named Sue ☺. We both have to post with the CAST Badge instead of our own personal profile pictures because that's the only way it works. Sue A of MYSAVIOR is the main admin and now that everything is pretty much set up she'll be the one posting updates.

by Sue of SueRunyonDesigns

Comments (4)

On October 22, 2010 at 9:16 AM , sweetybird09 said...

Do not have face book so I hope the cast thread does not go away!

 
On October 23, 2010 at 3:40 PM , Sheryl said...

Terrific information - thanks!

 
On October 23, 2010 at 4:47 PM , Rose said...

Thank you for this information and for using my yellow barrette for this article. I need to get back into being active in Etsy and now that I know there is a facebook page for the team I'll be following it too!

 
On October 24, 2010 at 1:43 AM , pfd said...

This is a great help. I have not gotten involved yet with FB for CAST but think it is in my near future. Once again, Sue you give us great help!