And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
Matthew 6:5-6
Revised Standard Version of The Bible

Prayer is so important in so many ways.  It can bring you peace of mind.  It can strengthen you, make you well, help others, and I could go on and on.
I know that, sometimes, we might feel humbled to ask for financial help from the Lord.  This week I was at a bottom level financially and I was wondering where the money would come from for the rest of the month.  We have pets to feed and we need litter for the kitties and oh that all important toilet paper.
I prayed for help.  The very next day, we received a large check from the previous owner of my sick cat Sweetie, to help with her Vet expenses. Praise the Lord.  I know He spoke to this man and asked him to do this.  How else would he have known?
Prayer is a fundamental need in our lives, to also be closer to the Lord.
Do you pray everyday?
Here are my Friday Finds from some wonderful shops who are members of the CAST Team.  Please give them love and hearts.
                                             HandPaintedPetals
http://www.etsy.com/listing/40777160/inspirational-prayer-hand-painted
                                         Whatshername
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59491605/winterholiday-pot-holder
                                                   Robinsflight
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59035066/brown-and-blue-hobo
                                                Mississaau
http://www.etsy.com/listing/55866632/repurposed-paper-roses-by-missisa-on
                                                 KNITBLITZ
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59463112/1-ball-of-shetland-wool
                                               NancysBagsEtc
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59486099/angel-accent-pillow
                                               myeuropeantouch
http://www.etsy.com/listing/54435092/ice-cicle-christmas-ornament-icecicle

Imaginuity
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59349232/silver-flower-crochet-dangle-earrings
         Sue Anderson
MYSAVIOR.etsy.com

Comments (17)

On October 21, 2010 at 8:35 PM , Judi said...

What a wonderful theme on the importance of prayer. We have been going through extreme challenges ourselves, and the Lord prompted someone (anonymous) to send us a card with $50 inside -- and it simply said, "Thank you for giving to the Lord, I am a life that was saved."

Thanks for including my silver flower earrings!

 
On October 21, 2010 at 10:35 PM , Sue Runyon said...

I'm so glad about the check. Praise God!

Beautiful items. What a talented team!

 
On October 21, 2010 at 10:52 PM , Sheryl said...

I think folks pray in all kinds of different ways, and I know that some would say that there is one "right" way to pray. But, I think God just wants to hear from us, and to know we're listening for Him.

St. Theresa's prayer is one of my favorites; just the first few lines give me pause to relax. Thank you so much for including my card with St. Theresa's prayer; it's one of my favorite things to paint!

 
On October 21, 2010 at 10:55 PM , Sheryl said...

@Imaginuity - (cute name!) I'm glad you received the help. It's a good reminder for me to actively look for ways to help, even in my small ways. Thank you for sharing this.

 
On October 22, 2010 at 12:05 AM , Kerri said...

Providences have been tough for us lately too, but God has truly been faithful and He has shown me he is not glorified when I WORRY!!! (Now why would He have to mention that to me?) Glad your kitties are fed and litter boxed. :)

 
On October 22, 2010 at 5:57 AM , nancy said...

Very glad to hear you received a check and your kitty is doing better. As always - lovely items from very talented team members. Thank you for including my angel pillow.

 
On October 22, 2010 at 9:53 AM , Christie Cottage said...

I pray everyday.

God is my constant companion. I talk with Him all day.

Wishing you and all of us financial blessings. God knows our needs.

Have a wonderful weekend!

<><

 
On October 22, 2010 at 9:59 AM , SHEILA said...

I love to talk to the Lord all day too. He is always there for us! Thank you for the lovely reminder.

 
On October 22, 2010 at 10:12 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

I talk everywhere with our Lord, ya think he gets tired of hearing from me...(smile)
It is fab to hear that prayers ARE answered.
Blessing to all of you and thank you so much for including my Ice Cicle Ornament
(I think I need to shoot a new pic)
Monika.

 
On October 22, 2010 at 10:22 AM , Burlap and Vine said...

Prayer is real and God is great!
Lovely post Sue.
What a blessing!

 
On October 22, 2010 at 11:47 AM , Jaci said...

Prayer is so good - it frees us from so much!
Love HandPaintedPetals card :)

 
On October 22, 2010 at 12:16 PM , Midnightcoiler said...

Beautiful items!

 
On October 22, 2010 at 12:24 PM , RobinsFlight said...

A wonderful reminder of the power of prayer! And beautiful items! Thanks for including my bag!

 
On October 22, 2010 at 1:24 PM , YellowBugBoutique said...

I certainly know the power of prayer...Beautiful finds by such talented artists!

 
On October 22, 2010 at 2:47 PM , laughingfridge said...

Beautiful items, talented artists! Wonderful blog! Prayer is powerful for sure!

 
On October 23, 2010 at 10:20 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Sue A, who wrote this post, compiles a prayer list and posts it on our forum thread. Many urgent needs there if you have time to check and pray it would be greatly appreciated!

 
On October 24, 2010 at 1:47 AM , pfd said...

I have felt embarrassed about praying for my animals at times but God seems to not mind and has answered the prayers. He tells us to pray at all times. I praise Him for answering and meeting your needs.