A Safe Place ACEO by Sharon Yoder

My Connect Group at church (a cell group type Bible study group) has been studying the book of John for the last few months and I have been constantly struck by two things: God's mercy and graciousness to us in sending Jesus into the world and the people's inability to understand just who Jesus was.

Sweet Little Lamb Soap by Saintly Soaps

Throughout the book of John we repeatedly see that the Pharisees, the general public and even Jesus' closest disciples do not really understand why he has come.  He is variously considered a Rabbi, a miracle man, a crazed demon-possessed man, and at one point the people even try to make him king and overthrow the Romans.

Lamb and Flower Card Set by Pear Creek Cottage

But John the baptist had these amazing words to say when he saw Jesus: "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!  This is the one I meant when I said, 'A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.'  I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel." John 1:29-31.
 Take Care of My Sheep by What I See...

I hope you have enjoyed the sweet CAST "lamb" finds this week and that you will be reminded of Jesus, the holy lamb of God every time you see a sheep or lamb!

Comments (12)

On October 29, 2010 at 2:48 PM , Vicki said...

The Lamb of God, the ultimate sacrifice...how precious is He!!
Lovely items you found!!

 
On October 29, 2010 at 5:03 PM , Christie Cottage said...

I am so thankful for the Lamb of God!

Great etsy finds too!

Thanks!

<><

 
On October 29, 2010 at 7:18 PM , Sherri Ward said...

Love this post! I also am thankful for God's grace, the holy lamb of God, our savior, Jesus!

 
On October 29, 2010 at 7:33 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! He IS the Lamb! The sacrificial lamb and the very least I can do for Him is to LISTEN to His every Word!

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On October 29, 2010 at 9:58 PM , pfd said...

Deb, great job and great choices.

 
On October 29, 2010 at 9:58 PM , watercolors said...

The Lamb of God, our Savior. How special is THAT! Great post.

Love the lamb choices.

I clicked on the gorgeous ACEO card and it said it doesn't exist...but it does in that photo and it is EXCELLENT!

Roxanne
Watercolorsnmore

 
On October 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

I love the lambs!! I am SO thankful for the Lamb of God!

 
On October 30, 2010 at 5:49 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

Do we really realize how speacial this Lamb of God is. Our salvation...
Monika

 
On October 30, 2010 at 7:07 AM , ChocolateDogStudio said...

Great post, thanks for reminding us!

 
On October 30, 2010 at 9:21 AM , Judi said...

I am so in need of my great shepherd's tender love and care right now - thank you for your post!

 
On October 30, 2010 at 10:44 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Great post, Deb. Thanks so much!

 
On October 30, 2010 at 5:49 PM , Jan said...

I LOVE studying about the Lamb of God, and knowing that we are the sheep of His pasture. Thank you so much for sharing and for choosing my lamb cards in your post!