by Colleen Conrad from Conrad Designs

Introducing Tricia Bertrand from Jewels by Trish . . . her friends call her Trish.



Introduction.  I am married with two beautiful children. My daughter is 13 & my son is 5. I teach 1st grade at a private school where both my children attend. I love teaching. 1st graders are amazing!! I also love being able to be home on all the holidays & all summer with my babies! It’s the best! Some of my hobbies are reading, riding horses, occasionally scrapbooking, & of course collecting beads & gems & turning them into beautiful creations!

How did you get your start on Etsy? I got started on Etsy on the advice of some friends. I was so scared at first, but so glad I took the plunge. The community at Etsy is just amazing!! I have met so many nice people & belong to two amazing teams there!!

What does a typical day look like for you? I try to do something productive for my studio on Monday through Friday. I try to reserve weekends for the family, but sometimes the beads call my name even then. LOL

During the week, I get up around 8am. Check my Team forum threads to see what is happening for the day. I also check my Facebook page & email. If I have pieces to photograph, I try to do that in the morning. The earlier the better for pictures before the sun gets too high & casts shadows. If my muse is with me, I will begin working on a piece from start to finish. On days that my muse is with me, I may create several pieces. If my muse has decided to hide that day, then I work on picture editing & listing. I also use those days to read articles that will benefit my business. I am always looking to improve my photography skills, tags, current trends, etc.

My weekdays are not perfect as my five year old can be pretty demanding. Time out is taken to play, go swimming, review skills for his upcoming year in Kindergarten, etc. I am also the taxi for my 13 year old. Of course, household chores are rotated in as well.


If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be? Jamaica!!! We went there for our honeymoon & it was an amazing place! The culture, the food, the beaches, the sounds of nature, the mountains...just stunning!!

What is your favorite Bible verse? Romans 12:2~~"Do not conform yourselves to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect."


What is your favorite Etsy item listing to feature? Pink pearl necklace w/ sterling silver starfish pendant http://www.etsy.com/listing/37707090/pink-pearl-necklace-with-sterling-silver

URLs to where else we can find you on the internet:
Etsy Studio http://www.jewelsbytrish.etsy.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/jewelsbytrish
My blog: http://www.jewelsbytrish.blogspot.com

Please take a moment and visit Trish’s shop and give her some love!

And the winner of Julie's giveaway by way of random.org is... Roxanne!
Congratulations! Look for the convo I'm sending you both.

Comments (10)

On October 27, 2010 at 6:24 AM , sweetybird09 said...

Trish is a great lady a few months ago she featured me on her blog, she is a great lady and its nice to get to know more about her, thanks for this feature.

http://sweetybird09.blogspot.com/

 
On October 27, 2010 at 10:20 AM , pfd said...

Trish's shop is great! I enjoy getting to know her better and have enjoyed her sweet spirit on the CAST Team forum!

 
On October 27, 2010 at 10:21 AM , pfd said...

PS... Colleen, I forgot to mention what a great job you did on this article. Thank you!

 
On October 27, 2010 at 8:14 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Great post. Thanks Colleen and so great to learn more about Trish!

 
On October 27, 2010 at 10:07 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Trish has always been so supporting and helpful. Her jewelry is beautiful!

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On October 28, 2010 at 7:52 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

So nice to get to know a bit about Trish! Beautiful jewelry!

 
On October 28, 2010 at 9:39 AM , watercolors said...

Great to learn more about Trish. Her jewelry speaks for itself, beautiful.

Roxanne
Watercolorsnmore

 
On October 28, 2010 at 7:12 PM , myeuropeantouch said...

Wonderfull to learn about yu Trish. Your jewls are amazing.
Monika

 
On November 1, 2010 at 6:35 AM , Debi said...

Great feature on Trish! Love your jewelry Trish.

 
On November 11, 2010 at 8:17 AM , Julie Riisnaes said...

Lovely to get to know Trish better! Great jewellery!