http://www.etsy.com/listing/60360318/mini-raspberry-pink-textured-cross

Psalm 42 (New International Version)
1As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/60325157/ichthus-jesus-fish-cross-wall-decor

3 My tears have been my food
day and night,
while men say to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"

http://www.etsy.com/listing/30684483/peach-crocheted-angel-1

4 These things I remember
as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go with the multitude,
leading the procession to the house of God,
with shouts of joy and thanksgiving
among the festive throng.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/50385525/faith-journal

5 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and 6 my God.
My soul is downcast within me;
therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/38168159/with-god-everything-is-possiblevibrant

7 Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me.

8 By day the LORD directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/60287879/joy-comes-with-the-morning-stamped

9 I say to God my Rock,
"Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
oppressed by the enemy?"

10 My bones suffer mortal agony
as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"


http://www.etsy.com/listing/60342361/felt-snowman-angel-be-grapeful

11 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

I AM

I was reading a prayer request from Judi of Imaginuity on the CAST thread this morning where she mentioned Psalm 42 and was inspired to read this in its' entirety.
How many times over the years have I felt the desperation and pain of problems in my life that so overwhelmed me that I was drowning in my own self pity?
Married to an active alcoholic, I would sit at the window, watching the neighbor's husbands come home for dinner, while mine was sitting in a bar somewhere. My heart was breaking and the sadness spilled out in our home and my two sweet little girls had to suffer for it. Where was my Lord back then?
He was right there with me but I chose not to reach out to Him. I chose the despair. My heart breaks now thinking about it. I share my testimonies with you because I want to save even just one person from wallowing in that despair. We know that God is there for us always, just waiting for us to simply ask. 

Praise Him and allow Him to save us. We are at His will.
Sue Anderson
(mysavior.etsy.com)

Comments (7)

On October 30, 2010 at 8:35 PM , pfd said...

Sue, Thank you for sharing from you heart and allowing your pain to help others. What I love most about the Psalms of David is how he declares what his problems are, wallow in them for a little while then turns and trusts in the Lord. A great lesson to us all!

 
On October 31, 2010 at 10:26 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks so much, Sue. You always bring your posts to life with examples from your life. We have such great blog authors on this team. I feel so blessed to be able to come here and learn from such wonderful women. God bless you all!

 
On October 31, 2010 at 12:12 PM , Byloom and Hyde said...

Sue,

bless you - may He bles you abundantly and keep your mind in perfect peace as you trust in Him

 
On October 31, 2010 at 2:45 PM , myeuropeantouch said...

Sue, I am so amazed on how much we grow in God with our personal experinces, not matter which kind. I have been in Job's shoes and was much closer then ever in my life to my God.
Be blessed,
Monika

 
On October 31, 2010 at 5:16 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

I love this Psalm! Wonderful items to illustrate. Thank you for sharing, Sue!

 
On October 31, 2010 at 7:29 PM , Judi said...

Beautiful Sue! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for me -- and you have done a terrific job in illustrating the psalm with beautiful creations!

 
On November 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM , Melanie said...

Beautiful post, Sue! Thank you for sharing your heart with us!