Do you like or love grey rainy days?


http://www.etsy.com/listing/24863187/print-8-x-10-print-of-storm-of-life

When I was a little girl, I loved rainy days because I could stay inside and color or make yarn dolls with my mom.  If the sun was out, I had to play outside.  Not that playing outside was not fun, but I loved the cozy feeling, the greyness and the rain hitting the windows.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/56402901/i-love-art-class-glass-tile-pendant
 Whenever we have a grey rainy day like we have today, I am transported back to those days. Do you remember the spool with the nails on top and you could weave a long yarn rope?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/50131856/all-weather-friends-5x7-card-of-original

The Lord makes it rain so we can grow things.  Flowers, vegetables, fruits, trees, grass, animals. We would not have these things if it were not for rain.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/50194808/summer-beach-tote

So when we have a grey rainy day, let's rejoice.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/39680605/raven-a-beautiful-drawing-of-a-young

http://www.etsy.com/listing/55771330/brown-and-silver-flower-brooch
 

 
This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
                                                                              Psalm 118:24


http://www.etsy.com/listing/54135144/mountain-stream-blank-photo-greeting
 These are my Friday Finds.
Sue
MYSAVIOR.etsy.com

Comments (13)

On September 30, 2010 at 10:30 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Lovely post, Sue! I love an occasional rainy day especially if I can stay home and do homey things. Thank you for including my brooch. :)

 
On September 30, 2010 at 11:18 PM , Kathleen said...

I love the rain! What a great Friday Finds post! Wonderful choices - thanks for featuring my horse artwork of Raven.

 
On October 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM , Carol said...

I enjoy rainy days myself, and I think that one's on the way. Very nice posting!

 
On October 1, 2010 at 5:00 AM , Julie Riisnaes said...

I'd still pick Sunshine every time!
You're right though there are many benefits of rainy days including snuggling up with a book and a cocoa! Nice pics too.

 
On October 1, 2010 at 6:09 AM , nancy said...

I still love to go for a walk in the rain. Thank you for posting my beach bag along with the other great Friday finds.

 
On October 1, 2010 at 6:24 AM , Chris and Sarah said...

I love rainy days! Thanks for posting my pendant.

Have a wonderful day!

 
On October 1, 2010 at 7:13 AM , Christie Cottage said...

I am a sunshine lovin' girl, but when we have gone without rain for a long period of time and the rain comes...I sit on the porch and enjoy the smell and thank GOD for our much needed rain.

Have a blessed day!
<><

 
On October 1, 2010 at 7:38 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

Rainy days...cuddlin up in my feather bed with a good book, hot tea, or sitting next to grandmas while she sews and I learned my cross stitch...sweet memories. And Yes, I remember those spools, my dad made me one from an old empty wooden sewing spool, put 4 nails in them and there I was, making snakes...
Thank you Sue...

 
On October 1, 2010 at 8:35 AM , Tiffany said...

Thank you for sharing my card! :) Andrea

 
On October 1, 2010 at 11:56 AM , Sue Runyon said...

I love rain. I've lived in the desert for three years and have now moved to the mountain, but during a dry spell. I'd love a nice rainy day! Great items!

 
On October 2, 2010 at 12:25 AM , RockinJ9designs said...

It is not often rainy here in the desert. So with that being said, I love rainy days. It makes the wild grass grow, especially in the winter. No green to speak of in the summer with the exception of the Saguaro Cactus. They are majestic in a lonely sort of way. Back to the topic on hand: Rainy days and Mondays never get me down.

 
On October 2, 2010 at 3:55 AM , Anonymous said...

Beautiful finds. I'm a Sunshine lov'n girl, but needed to remember to rejoice in the rainy days as well :)

 
On October 2, 2010 at 10:55 PM , pfd said...

I love thunder and lightning at night and to lay in bed listening to it. Reminds me of the power of God.
It can be incredibly beautiful and at times devastating. I praise God for the beauty and ask for strength & wisdom for the rest.