"I am offering you life or death, blessings or curses. Now, choose life!... To choose life is to love the Lord your God, obey him, and stay close to him." Deuteronomy 30:19-20
Every day we make choices.
- When the alarm goes off, do I get up or turn it off and go back to sleep?
- My co-worker was rude... do I respond the same or do I respond with kindness?
- It's Sunday morning and I'm so tired from a busy week... do I sleep late or get up and attend church despite being tired?
- Do I give of my time to my family and friends regardless of what other things I might want to do?
- And, above all, do I choose God to be Lord of my life?
As we move into adulthood and face the type of choices noted above there are also consequences. If we go back to sleep instead of awaking with the alarm we risk missing work or not being available to help our children. If we choose to attend church on a Sunday morning when we would rather sleep, we open ourselves up to additional blessings as we worship the Lord with our church family.
Then there's the choice of making God the Lord of our life. What are the consequences when we make that choice? How about immeasurable blessings and eternal life? How great is that??!! When you read those words -- immeasurable blessings and eternal life -- it's hard to imagine NOT choosing God, isn't it? Yet, at some point, most of us have made the choice to turn away and each day we see a world full of people that have made that choice.
Will you join me today and pray? First, that each of us would always choose God and make Him first? Secondly, that we would be a light shining to the world around us... a world that hasn't yet made this same choice. And, thirdly, that as the world sees the light in our lives that they would want to know more and would ultimately choose God.
Have a blessed Sunday!