by Jennifer of mulberrylanefolkart


Hello all! I'm Jennifer Beers and I'm a member of Christian Artists Street Team. I'm here to share what I've been doing lately to promote my shop!

It all started just last Wednesday. I was talking to my sister, Julie, and she told me that Birds & Blooms Magazine has a Facebook page and I might try posting there about my birdhouses, which I immediately did! B & B's facebook has over 24,000 followers! So I posted this:

Jennifer Beers Birds & Blooms Magazine: Love Birds and Blooms! I've been making birdhouses you can see at mulberrylanefolkart.etsy.com

And I put a picture of one of my birdhouses. I got 5 likes and one nice comment-- "Pretty! You're quite talented!" Well! That was nice! So, I posted a few more times with different birdhouses. B & B's page fills up quickly so I would wait until my post was at the bottom or into older posts. Anyway, on Thursday I posted this...Here's my new birdhouse this week! See this and more here...http://www.etsy.com/listing/54297153/back-to-school-birdhouse

and I got this comment...Wow, I'll take several of these as I'm a teaching assistant and have many teacher and asst. friends I could give this to! Going to your web site right now!!!  I saw this at my sisters house on her computer and when I got home I saw I had sold the School Birdhouse,and 3 other birdhouses!, so I went and relisted -Quanity of 2, and the lady on facebook bought them both!

In order to help be more personable I try to post sometimes without selling (such as on Birds & Blooms I posted pictures of butterflies in my garden). I feel they will trust me in a more friendly way.

Long story short, I started looking for other magazines on facebook that would be prospects for my items. I found:

Country Living

Better Homes and Gardens

Parents - I posted my Noah's ark- http://www.etsy.com/listing/53484559/noahs-ark
And my Bows and Headbands Holder- http://www.etsy.com/listing/54160398/hair-bows-barrettes-and-headband-holder

Horse and Rider I posted my Horseshoe Birdhouse I said--Here's a birdhouse I made for horse lovers!

They Posted this comment Horse & Rider Magazine:  Love this, Jennifer. We have a birdhouse collector on our staff, she says yours is adorable! (Aw, shucks, blush)

Reminisce ( Here I posted-- I used to love playing checkers with my dad! Now I make checkerboards! See them here... http://www.etsy.com/shop/mulberrylanefolkart?section_id=6621919)

Some of these sites only allow downloaded pictures with posts so you paste your link in your post and add a picture. Others allow a link with your post. Some business facebooks don't allow posts--only they post and you can just comment.

I'm still searching other facebook pages to promo on and today I found:

Daily Bible Scripture (they only allow posts- no pictures or links) and posted--I paint Bible verse plaques in calligraphy with illustrations or decorative borders. You can see them here... http://www.etsy.com/shop/mulberrylanefolkart?section_id=6760215

Here are some others:

Craft magazine

Paper Crafts Magazine

Creating Keepsakes magazine

MyHomeIdeas.com

Many of us have blogs where we post about favorite recipes and you could post those on these food facebook sites which takes them to your blog and your Etsy links there!

Taste of Home Magazine

Southern Living

Food Network

You want to find places that have lots of followers.

I'm only sharing this here because I am a little reluctant to spread the word too far. There are so many Etsy sellers that they might flood these facebook pages and some of them may stop allowing this kind of posts. I try not to post too often so I won't be thought of as a pest.

I hope some of you may get a little help from this, and may God bless all our efforts to create and promote our sales on etsy!

Jennifer

by Jennifer of mulberrylanefolkart

P.S.

Here's an example of one of my posts on Birds & Blooms with comments:



*Jennifer Beers Here is my fun Back To School Birdhouse! See more details here...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/54358662/back-to-school-birdhouse

(Inserted picture of School Birdhouse)

* Beth (Last name)- likes this.

* Melissa - I bought two of them and they're awesome!!!

*Jennifer Beers-I'm so glad you like them Melissa! (Melissa is the customer who saw my Post last week end and bought!)


Jennifer's Facebook
Jennifer's Blog

Comments (15)

On September 2, 2010 at 9:01 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks so much, Jennifer, for sharing this unique way of promoting with the CAST Team. I feel honored. I really appreciate that you took the time to help out your team and be a guest blogger!

Beautiful birdhouses!

 
On September 2, 2010 at 9:11 AM , watercolors said...

Jennifer, so awesome of you to share your success and information.

I'm not surprised at all with your sales as your birdhouses are unique and so nice.

Best to you, Roxanne
Watercolorsnmore.

 
On September 2, 2010 at 9:17 AM , Mulberry Lane Folk Art said...

I hope this will be of some help! I found another one last night--Hobby Lobby!- http://www.facebook.com/HobbyLobby After you click "Like", you click "Hobby Lobby and Others" in order to post. Happy Promoting! And thank you Sue! Many Blessings! Jennifer

 
On September 2, 2010 at 10:12 AM , Helen said...

Jennifer, thank you so much for this so helpful tip! I think I might do something like that, too. Thanks again! Your shop is very lovely, by the way! God bless you!

 
On September 2, 2010 at 10:12 AM , Christie Cottage said...

Wonderful! Congratulations on your sales!

Your bird houses ar amazing!


ChristieCottage.blogspot.com
<><

 
On September 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Thank you so much for your advice, Jennifer. Not sure where to post my photo cards though.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On September 2, 2010 at 2:57 PM , Vanessa said...

Jennifer thanks so much for sharing these awesome tips!!! Such great ideas all of them. facebook is a great tool for networking and the best part its free! Blessings to you :) ~Vanessa

 
On September 2, 2010 at 4:44 PM , Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice, Jennifer! I'll have to try that out! :)

God's Blessings,
Ali

 
On September 3, 2010 at 9:07 AM , pfd said...

Jennifer - awesome! Thank you for sharing ... that is a great idea and hopefully some of us will benefit too!

 
On September 3, 2010 at 1:20 PM , Emma in Wonderland said...

You've certainly inspired me to start 'liking' more Facebook fan pages! Thanks so much for sharing!

Emma ♥

 
On September 3, 2010 at 3:36 PM , ChocolateDogStudio said...

Great idea, not quite sure how it would work for me but thinking about it! Thanks for the tips!

 
On September 4, 2010 at 1:44 PM , Jan said...

Thanks so much Jennifer. I love your shop...so watching learning from you is a privelage.
Thanks for sharing.

 
On September 4, 2010 at 9:33 PM , Mulberry Lane Folk Art said...

Thanks to all for your nice comments! I found more facebook pages today- Michaels Stores and DIY Network. DO search facebook for businesses in your genre. Many Blessings! Jennifer

 
On September 4, 2010 at 10:41 PM , Inspiration Fibers said...

I hope it's ok if I comment, I'm waiting for Bonnie to confirm me as a new member of CAST, but just wanted to say what great information--thanks so much for sharing!

 
On September 5, 2010 at 10:17 PM , J Honda said...

Jennifer - thank you for that helpful advice!!! Thank you thank yoU!!