angelasheartwork
http://www.etsy.com/listing/34191969/apple-basket-handstamped-and-painted
CardsbyCarla


OleBagLady




HelensCorner





SOiNTOiT



Galatians 6:9 (NIV)
9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Believe it or not this is the first time that I have really read this passage and digested it. I have always loved to do good things for others. It always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I think that I have mentioned that I have an 87 year old mom who really does not know the Lord: a sore spot between us for a long time. She always says that she does good things for others and she is a “good person” so"IF" there is a Heaven or Hell, she will go to Heaven. I told her that if she does not give her heart to Jesus, she can do all the good she wants but Heaven will be closed to her. She is also a conditional giver. “I give this to you and you do this for me”. I don’t believe that is what the Lord means when He says, “Let us not become weary in doing good”.

We do good things from our hearts, whether the recipients know who is doing the giving or not. I mean, the Lord is always there for us no matter what. We stray or get too busy, he waits. All it takes is a whisper from us that we need Him and He is there ready to give.

At the “proper time” we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. To me this means that when the Lord sees fit, His time, not mine.
Sue
mysavior.etsy.com
















Comments (13)

On July 17, 2010 at 10:50 PM , Carla said...

What a thoughtful post! I really needed this right now-you have been a blessing to me this evening. Thanks also for including my card here. I didn't even know about this blog, I'm glad you convoed me!

 
On July 17, 2010 at 11:16 PM , Sheryl at Hand Painted Petals said...

Sue,
Thank you for this, today. So interesting how things 'just happen' to pop up when we need to hear the message. Thank you; you'll never know :)

 
On July 18, 2010 at 1:08 AM , pfd said...

This is a wonderful verse. Thank you for sharing and will add your mom to my Etsy prayer list.

 
On July 18, 2010 at 2:29 AM , Unknown said...

Thank you for this post and including my card. Your mom and mine sound very similar...if I mention my Christian faith, it creates such a chasm between us....unfathomable. I suppose that is what 'hardening of the heart' is all about. Take care.

 
On July 18, 2010 at 6:42 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

What a beautiful thought to share. I will be praying for your Mom that the Lord will help her heart to turn to him.
What a joy that would be.
Have a blessed Sunday, Monika

 
On July 18, 2010 at 2:22 PM , Angela's Heartwork said...

Beautiful post. Thank you so much for including my Galatians 6 vs. 9 print. Blessings to you and your family!

Counting it all joy,
Angela

 
On July 18, 2010 at 3:12 PM , Beantree Designs said...

wonderful post, I needed a reminder of this very thing.

 
On July 18, 2010 at 6:51 PM , knitblitz said...

Sue, well said. I'll be praying for your ma.♥♥♥

 
On July 18, 2010 at 6:52 PM , knitblitz said...

Oh! And thanks for including my Pyrex!

 
On July 18, 2010 at 6:53 PM , Lizzi said...

Thank you for that wonderful post

 
On July 19, 2010 at 11:15 PM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Ah Sue, thank you! I am in constant need of reminding about not giving up and being patient, trusting in the Lord's timing.

:) Deb.

 
On July 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM , J Honda said...

beautiful Sue
and, yes, :O)

 
On July 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM , bbrunophotography said...

Sue, I joined CAST just recently, and am learning my way around. This evening I discovered your wonderful blog, and all I can say is WOW. It really touched my heart, this topic of home.

I look forward to reading more!

God bless you!
Bonnie