Do you have a blog?  If so, have you ever used it to promote another CAST Team member?


Promoting your team mates is a win/win situation for many reasons. Sure, you give them a little bit, or a lot, of exposure depending on how much traffic your blog gets. You also give them links to their Etsy shop and hopefully other links to their twitter, facebook, blog or other sales venues where your friends and followers can find them. Providing links is also a great way for Search Engines to find them. The more quality links to a shop the higher it will rate with Search Engines. One blog feature can have long lasting benefits.

We feature a CAST artist every Wednesday on our blog. Thanks Cindy of cksilver and Joy of JoyfulHandKnits for the great features they do. We are also very diligent in promoting and linking to many CAST shops in other features throughout the entire week.

But did you realize that promoting someone else can also have great, long lasting benefits for you too? Most likely someone that you have featured will go out and tell their friends and followers that they have been featured and bring new traffic to your blog and maybe even to your shop. It can bring fresh, new traffic to your own shop. Frequently, the blogs that feature a lot of artist have the highest number of followers.

Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again. Ecclesiastes 11:1

Comments (8)

On July 15, 2010 at 7:19 AM , sweetybird09 said...

Sue, this is a great reminder to everyone, I have been featured on blogs and since I am so new at blogging I have not yet featured anyone, but will do so pretty soon after reading this post of yours.

thanks

Joyce

 
On July 15, 2010 at 9:38 AM , Sarah said...

This is a great idea! I think I'll start a weekly or biweekly feature on my blog!

Thanks for the awesome tip and way to get the message of Jesus out there too!
Sarah

 
On July 15, 2010 at 10:46 AM , Taylor said...

nice post..can never have too many friends..i have def found some good friends on CAST!!

Taylor
http://taylorlartiste.blogspot.com/

 
On July 15, 2010 at 2:46 PM , Miranda's Place said...

Sue, this is a great reminder for me. It is always wonderful to do something for others. I will start doing this on my Blog.

 
On July 15, 2010 at 3:16 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Excellent advice! I am making it my goal to promote my teammates as much as possible.
Tweeting and Facebook also.

 
On July 15, 2010 at 4:49 PM , Angela's Heartwork said...

I love featuring CASTTEAM members on my blog - it is so much fun to bring joy to others -- just as you did for me today! Thanks for featuring my Proverbs 17 vs. 17!

~ Always,
Angela

 
On July 16, 2010 at 12:51 AM , pfd said...

Sue, it makes me wish I had my own blog. I think you are right. Those who have featured me or added an item, I have been very loyal to and will look to them to purchase first!

 
On July 19, 2010 at 5:30 PM , ShadowCutter said...

I promised in a recent post that I would feature someone soon and I'll try to do one this week. I've never done a feature before though so I hope it's good. :-]