The idea for this post came about after listening to a sermon in which our pastor threw out the questions: "What would the church look like without men? What if it was just a place where women and children hang out?" That got me thinking about our CAST team and that it would be great to try to identify the CAST shops that are run by men or are husband/wife, father/daughter or father/son partnerships.

This is our last installment.
Steve of sbradney

Based in the Lancaster Pa. area.

I am available to shoot your Events, Engagement, Portraits, Wedding, or Art projects.

I started taking photos as soon as I could hold my Dad's old box camera. Remember those?

My approach to photography is pretty straight forward; either in my art or portrait photography, “capture the moment”…what ever that moment is….joy, excitement, anger, anticipation, in short “details.” You will see that my work is not overly edited or photoshopped…I am not into phony …..what I find beautiful in people and things, is seeing them as they are, rather then making them into be someone they are not……..

I have won several awards from my local art association (Lancaster County Art Association).

My wife and I are Child Advocates for Compassion Int. Sales in my Etsy shop support our ministry with Compassion.


Steve's Facebook Page



Glen of Sneath 
 


I'm Glen Slagle, owner of Sneath's Chainmaille! I am a full-time student studying "International Logistics" and I want to eventually be the guy working in the background, coordinating shipments of bibles and supplies to other countries. I've been working with my church's High School youth group as a worship leader/helper for 9 years (since I was a freshman).

My chainmaille jewelry business started as a small hobby, making bracelets for free for friends of mine... after watching a Lord of The Rings marathon. When I realized that I could sell them, Sneath's Chainmaille was born!

I certainly understand how people can find such joy in looking at a sunset and reveling in the beauty of God's creation, but instead I've found this beautiful symmetry in linking hundreds and thousands of little rings together and seeing the patterns and shapes they form. I personally find it amazing, so I will keep doing it until my wrists go out (hopefully they don't)!

I started with bracelets, then very quickly switched to mostly stretchy bracelets because they are much easier to make, and easier for customers to get on and off. I had tried wrapping a few marbles by the time I started my Etsy site, but had never sold any, and so I didn't list them at first. When I did list the first one, it sold within the hour! What was more amazing was that it was my first sale!! Since then they've sort of become my trademark :)

More recently I've been delving into 3D maille sculptures, and dabbling in scales.


Other Men of CAST Shops:

Comments (8)

On May 1, 2010 at 12:41 PM , My 7th Heaven said...

Steve & Glen are both very nice men with a lot of talent! Great feature on them and all our other Men of CAST! Thanks for doing such a great job on this series :)

Anastasia

 
On May 1, 2010 at 12:50 PM , Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Wonderful to meet these CAST team members! It is such a great idea to introduce us to these creative men!

 
On May 1, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Art and Sew Forth said...

That's awesome you support Compassion. I have done so for years! Great work...glad to have men like you out there!

 
On May 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Glen and Steve are just great. I have known Glen for quite some time now and he is just so adorable.

 
On May 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM , Vicki said...

Have been a fan of Steve's photography for quite awhile now and admire his dedication to Compassion Int.
Great to learn to learn more about the man behind Sneath. Very interesting and beautiful work.
So glad these great Christian men are a part of CAST!

 
On May 1, 2010 at 6:05 PM , Julie Riisnaes said...

Great to meet Steve and to get to know Glen better afte meeting him on the thread. Hope you bothdo well!

 
On May 2, 2010 at 1:18 AM , pfd said...

I really enjoyed getting to know a little about each of you. Steve, your photography is beautiful. Glen, I have been a fan of yours since you joined the team.

 
On May 4, 2010 at 11:48 PM , J Honda said...

WOnderful feature!!! How great to get to know my brothers better :D