January 24, 2010

From Grace For The Moment by Max Lucado

Jan. 21st (first published)—A Heart Like His

“We are like clay, and you are the potter; your hands made us all.”
Isaiah 64:8

[God] wants us to be just like Jesus.
Isn’t that good news? You aren’t stuck with today’s personality. You aren’t condemned to “grumpydom.” You are tweakable. Even if you’ve worried each day of your life, you needn’t worry the rest of your life. So what if you were born a bigot? You don’t have to die one.

Where did we get the idea we can’t change? From whence come statements such as, “It’s just my nature to worry” or, “I’ll always be pessimistic. I’m just that way.”…Who says? Would we make similar statements about our bodies? “It’s just my nature to have a broken leg. I can’t do anything about it.” Of course not. If our bodies malfunction, we seek help. Shouldn’t we do the same with our hearts? Shouldn’t we seek aid for our sour attitudes? Can’t we request treatment for our selfish tirades? Of course we can. Jesus can change our hearts. He wants us to have a heart like His.

Just Like Jesus

**************

My notes: I love that every day is a new day in the Lord, and we don't have to STAY how we are. Jesus died for us, can't we change for Him? I think so. Max Lucado has such a great way of making scriptures plain and easy to understand. I pray daily that I can change the things that He doesn't like.

Prayer: Dear Father, I pray today that you will touch our hearts. Make us new, we are to throw away the old man and put on the new. We are new creatures in You. Soften us, mold us, change us. You are our hope for change. I thank you today that tomorrow I can start over and be clay in Your hands. In Jesus name, AMEN

~Anastasia Watson

Comments (8)

On January 24, 2010 at 9:03 PM , button said...

Anastasia~ thank you. I needed this today....everyday. This is the first time I have ever seen the CASTEAM blog. How wonderful. Is there a way to subsribe to it? I don't want to miss any posts.
bless you! :o) button

 
On January 24, 2010 at 9:39 PM , Christie Cottage said...

This is a wonderful post and prayer. Thank you!

 
On January 24, 2010 at 9:57 PM , Beantree Designs said...

I've become more and more aware of negative attitudes over the last few years, and they are killers! Why should we be negative When we have God in our lives?
Wonderful post.

 
On January 24, 2010 at 10:12 PM , My 7th Heaven said...

Thanks everyone! I know this verse touched me deeply, so I wanted to share. I appreciate the comments on it.
Anastasia

 
On January 24, 2010 at 10:20 PM , Cindi @ Rustique Art said...

I love that our God is so creative. I love that He designed me, created me and molds me every minute of the day. Sometimes His refining of me is painful and difficult...but I am so thankful that He is so persistent.

 
On January 24, 2010 at 11:33 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Great job, Anastasia. Thanks so much!

 
On January 25, 2010 at 10:22 AM , TC Cunningham said...

Very encouraging.

 
On January 25, 2010 at 1:57 PM , J Honda said...

Wonderful!! Thank you Matts!