I like to garden, but I don't relish doing the fall clean up when it is cold and wet, especially when my hands and gloves get wet and cold.  It was snowing and my calla lilies were still in my  huge pottery pot.  If the pot wasn't emptied the wet soil would freeze and break my pot.




 A few days before I tackled my calla lilies a friend had given my husband a pair of diving dry gloves. They were too small for him and too small for Dave and too big for me. sounds like Goldi Locks' dilemma.  We were going to give them to our son-in-law, Rich, who teaches scuba diving.  He might know someone whom they would fit.

With the snow falling I put on my winter coat and these gloves and took my calla lilies out of the pot.  My hands stayed dry and warm. All I had to do was run them under the tap to wash them. Sorry Rich I am keeping this gift from a friend. I never dreamed of owning dry gloves.  I believe God wanted to bless me with these gloves.

This reminded me of another time, many years ago when God took care of a small thing in my life.


Before I had lazer eye surgery I wore soft contact lenses. My evening ritual was to take out my lenses and put them in solution to clean and store them.

One evening, my contacts were stored and I had drifted off to sleep. A few hours later, so I thought, I woke up to go to the bathroom.  I have another nightly ritual. After I go to the bathroom, I fumble in the dark, at the sink, feeling for the glass to get a drink of water.


That evening, as I ran my hand around the counter hoping it would stumble upon the glass  I knocked over my contact lens case.  Now I had to turn on the light and replace the sailing solution that had spilled out of the  container. To my surprise I had forgotten to put the sailing solution in the container. In the morning my contacts would be dried to a crisp.  We were heading on a trip first thing in the morning and I would have had to wear my glasses, which I didn't like doing.

When I got back to bed, the clock showed it was only a few minutes since I first drifted off, not hours as I thought. God knows my nightly rituals. That night he just had to wake me up much earlier than normal.

Doctor Luke says in Luke 12 : 6-7  Are not five sparrows sold for two cents? Yet not one of them is forgotten before God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear, you are more valuable than many sparrows.


I need constant reminders of this, sometimes I forget how valuable I am to God and how much he cares for me.

I pray that you know how much God cares about you too.

Comments (2)

On November 10, 2014 at 8:14 AM , ifrog crafter said...

Thank you for these examples of how God helps. I once heard a pastor say that we some times thank God for the silliest things. I totally disagree! God takes care of us in all kinds of ways & we need to say thank You each & every time that He does. =)

 
On November 10, 2014 at 9:13 AM , KarenW said...

God has counted the hairs on our head. He cares about every tiny detail of our lives. Thanks for the reminder!