Hosea 6: Come on, lets go back to God. He hurt us, but he'll heal us. 

 I was weeding the flower bed.  There was a lot of clover that was taking over and growing in and around the flowers.  As I dug in the dirt I noticed that the roots of the clover were thin, small and white.  It was easy to distinguished the white clover roots from the brown thick flower roots. I would not have dug out the clover if I had not worked at it.

This got me to thinking that these white roots are like the white lies we believe about our self. They are hidden below the ground and when the clover plant comes up it looks like a leafy plant with white flowers on it, almost pretty.  It could be left in the ground to add to the flower bed, but eventually they take over and become messy among the flowers.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/ArtbyEvelynMarie?ref=related-shop-1&ga_search_query=flowers+casteam&ga_ref=shop_search&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery


While growing up we might have been told negative things about ourselves.  We could be told we won't amount to much, we're not worth much, not good at gifts that might be hidden or not smart enough to have a typical career.  I wanted to be a writer, but I was told I couldn't spell so I couldn't write.  Instead of the negative someone could have used a different way to teach me spelling and helped me.  There are numerous things people tell us that might not be true.

We might have believed these lies because for a time they looked good in our lives, they were comfortable, like the few clover plants in a flower bed.

God has written a book , the bible, which tells us whom He knows us to be.  We have a choice, we can continue to believe the lies of the enemy, the clover roots,  or we can dig down into the dirt of our lives and take those white lies out.

 https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/PunkinsandSweetpeas?ref=related-shop-20&ga_search_query=flowers+casteam&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery


If we don't take them out they will multiply and take over our beauty, until our lives become a mess. 

It is not easy digging in the dirt to take out the weeds of our life, but with the weeds gone there is more room for the beautiful garden of our life.

Comments (4)

On September 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM , ifrog crafter said...

Beautiful post!

 
On September 9, 2014 at 8:26 AM , ChocolateDogStudio said...

Very nice!

 
On September 9, 2014 at 6:28 PM , AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love the analogy here!! So true.

 
On September 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks, Joyce!