1 Peter 4:12-13 Dear friends do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed.

A  friend was sharing his story with my husband and I one day. He told us that he lived most of his life in  foster homes.  As he told us his story we had a hard timing holding back the tears.  I was surprised and shocked.  He is a fun loving person who gets along with almost every one. I would never have guessed he had a hard past.
He told us he was a page turner.  He doesn’t reread the past, but makes a new life for himself by turning new pages in his life. 
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/myabbiesattic?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Isaiah 43:18 Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
As we go along the road of life we are not always driving in a Porsche on a 4 lane highway on a sunny afternoon with no traffic.  That would be quite wonderful, but often the road is bumpy  with twists and turns, at times a dense jungle.
Life throws at us many trials and tribulations, which God allows. We have a choice to grow and mature or become bitter and angry.
I am also a page turner.  I turn my pages by always forgiving those who have hurt me and not dwelling on the past. I don’t want my today to be swallowed up by yesterdays problems.  Forgiveness releases me from the past sin, which entangles me in a jungle.
Many people will not forgive or turn the page of their life and move on to a new page. Instead they hold on to grudges and become bitter people.  Often bitterness wares a body out and causes  an assortment of illnesses. 
What amazed me the most about our friend is he has faith in God but does not go to church and does not know his bible other than what he learned in the Catholic church as a child.  He was not told to forgive and move on.  He chose to do that as he knew holding on to the bitterness and hate from  his past held him back, not the others.
We chose our life.  The old saying is 'you make your bed, then you have to lay in it'.
Are you a page turner or is there something in your life that you keep going back to and rereading?

Feel free to share your thoughts here.
 https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/ArtisintheHeart?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Comments (4)

On August 11, 2014 at 10:40 AM , ifrog crafter said...

What a wonderful post. I am so thankful that i am NOW a page turner. There was a time when i was not. But, as you said, that is the past & i look forward to what the Lord has in store for me.

 
On August 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM , Unknown said...

Great post! I have had to learn and relearn to be a "page turner". For me it requires great reliance on God. There is definitely no benefit to holding on to a grudge.

 
On August 12, 2014 at 4:08 PM , bananaorangeapple said...

Great attitude to life

 
On August 15, 2014 at 1:23 AM , (Ri)Charmed said...

It's hard to look at people my age who have had relatively easy lives and not feel a little jealous. We are learning that the only place our eyes ever need be is on Christ and what He's doing in us and through us now.