She wakes with a million thoughts running through her mind.
In fact, the waking is more of a jolt as she considers
a new school year, care for aging parents, her Etsy business, 
a friend who has just lost a child, that ladies meeting at church
and how she really should put together a meal plan
and shopping list for the week to come.

(In my real life it looks like this....my son's wedding on Sunday
which means a week filled with details and cake making, An overflowing 
Etsy inbox, the physical and emotional exhaustion of a huge funeral last Saturday 
and catering of the reception which followed,
working with my Burmese Friends, preparing music lessons for this school year,
an annual physical, a hair cut and color, dinner with friends, and so much more.  
How about you?)

 Her feet hit the floor with a thud
and she sighs as it becomes apparent that the "dressing room"
is already occupied.
This morning is getting off to a wrong start.
She knows who is in there and they take forever.
Now she has a choice.

Will she choose to trust that God has this day
just like all of the others in His care and thank Him
for that fact and the shower loving child in the dressing room?
Or...
will she begin to fume and mumble about how this always happens
and she has so much to do?
Will she assume that her agenda is more important than the 
others in her home?

It is important which attitude she assumes because it will
impact every person she comes in contact with in the next
hour, if not all day.

God has given women a very important role in their homes.
We are the mood setters.
We have the power to take everyone along to our grumpy place
or to lift them from a hard day into an encouraging environment.

We cannot do this in our own strength.
We need to call out to Him daily to receive
His joy...even when we are feeling stressed, sad or tired to the bone.

I admit that I don't always go there first.
But more and more I see the rewards of making that choice
to be thankful in all things.
May God continue to teach me to seek Him first.

It really is the best choice.

Psalm 86: 1-13 (NIV) says it well....

Hear me, Lord, and answer me,

    for I am poor and needy.
Guard my life, for I am faithful to you;
    save your servant who trusts in you.
You are my God; have mercy on me, Lord,
    for I call to you all day long.
Bring joy to your servant, Lord,
    for I put my trust in you.
You, Lord, are forgiving and good,

    abounding in love to all who call to you.
Hear my prayer, Lord;
    listen to my cry for mercy.
When I am in distress, I call to you,
    because you answer me.
Among the gods there is none like you, Lord;

    no deeds can compare with yours.
All the nations you have made
    will come and worship before you, Lord;
    they will bring glory to your name.
10 
For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
    you alone are God.
11 
Teach me your way, Lord,

    that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
    that I may fear your name.
12 
I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart;
    I will glorify your name forever.
13 
For great is your love toward me;
    you have delivered me from the depths,
    from the realm of the dead.



Blessings on your week!

Comments (3)

On August 18, 2014 at 9:23 AM , ifrog crafter said...

Beautiful post! Even though my plate is not near as full as yours, it used to be. And i can still relate with the To Do Lists that i still have. Wonderful reminder for us all. Thank you.

 
On August 18, 2014 at 3:10 PM , Lizzi said...

Ah. I feel this post so often. It's a daily thing. Decisions like this have to literally be made every hour.

 
On August 20, 2014 at 7:46 PM , the butlers pottery said...

Well said. This week I decided to bog about being thankful every day. My first blog I mentioned there is positives and negative in all things. It is our choice what to think on.