You are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of the darkness into His marvelous light; for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.  1 Peter 2: 9-10
I accepted Jesus as my savior when I was around 10 years old, but I wasn’t a follower of Him until I was about 30. I followed people and myself instead.  Many people from the beginning of my life had hurt me,  as a result I spent my life trying to please everyone and control my situation.
At the age of thirty I needed more than just going to church and hearing that I needed Jesus to get into heaven.  My life was a mess so I cried out to God. 
God sent me to a healing a deliverance place where I began to learn that Jesus was much more than my ticket into heaven. He is the great I AM, the King of kings and I was His child.  
One of the leaders told us to go around and act like we were the most important person to God.  We were His children and he was the King therefore we were princesses and princes.  Not to be proud and arrogant, but to boast in who we were in Christ.  You are looking at things as they are outwardly.  If anyone is confident in himself that he is Christ’s let  him consider this again within himself, that just as he is Christ’s so also are we.  For even if I boast somewhat further about our authority, which the Lord gave for building you up and not for destroying you, I will not be put to shame. 2 Corinthians 10: 7-8
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/StitchPrincess?ref=shopinfo_shophome_leftnav
As a Canadian we have Queen Elizabeth as our queen.  Her children don’t go around trying to please people, or are afraid of people.  They know they are set apart from the commoners.  They are special people who need to act important.  I was watching a documentary on the royal family and a servant said Price Charles knocked a letter into his empty waste can beside his desk. Instead of taking it out as we would he called a servant to come get it out.  His was too important to take it out for himself.  That is a wrong pride, but it shows that he was raised to think he was better than picking up garbage. 
Metaphorically we pick up garbage because we do not see ourselves as children of the King.  We think we are the commoners. The garbage we pick up are things like putting ourselves down, pleasing people instead of God, having pity parties, letting other control us or controlling others or getting angry at petty things, etc, stinking thinking.
As I learned who I was in Christ my garbage that I was carrying began to fall by the wayside. I even began to look prettier as my eyes and complexion brightened. The love and truth of Christ pushed into me and  there was no room for the stinking thinking in my life.
I pray that we will let the knowledge of who God knows we are, children of the great King, princesses and princes,  sink deep down in our hearts and push out the negative stinking thinking.

Comments (4)

On June 9, 2014 at 12:28 PM , KarenW said...

A great reminder of who we are in Christ. Thank you!

 
On June 10, 2014 at 7:18 AM , bananaorangeapple said...

This is a great reminder, thank you.

 
On June 18, 2014 at 3:47 PM , Handiworkin' Girls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
On June 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM , Handiworkin' Girls said...

So very true! We are working on this "garbage avoidance" daily (and that includes the wrong kind of pride). :)