I have attended church most of my life and it wasn’t until I went to a healing and deliverance place that I even knew I had a territorial boundary and it was my responsibility to protect it. 

Our territory is anything that belongs to us.  This goes beyond our house, personal belongings, automobiles, and children which we profusely protect.  We lock doors, put alarms on our homes and protect our children from danger.  We feel violated if something is stolen or we’re hurt. 

Our territory is also our personality, sexuality, time,  our freedom of choice and much more.  God might give us commands, but he still gives the freedom of choice to obey or disobey the command. If he didn’t let us choose then everyone would love everyone all the time. That would make us God’s puppets. One thing we don’t have control over is the consequence for our actions. Gal. 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap

With the age of internet and Iphones our territories are getting violated more than ever. One Sunday our pastor put on his old work uniform as an illustration.  During the message a  lady in the congregation took a picture of him with her Iphone.  This started him and embarrassed him. She did not ask his permission to take the picture.

I have found that on prayer chains in church’s people want to have more information than was given. Another problem is people might be too quick to give advice instead of just praying.  

Jesus said  in Matthew 7: Ask and it will be given to you, seek, and you will find; knock and the door will be opened.   He wants us to ask to receive his blessings. 

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/cherryscreations?ref=l2-shopheader-name

My husband and I are on the road a lot. Several years ago within and few weeks we had 3 very close accidents.  We knew we weren’t praying for God’s safety on the road. Since we have started to ask for God’s protection we’ve had smooth driving.  We are to follow Jesus.  He wants us to ask Him for blessings therefore we should ask others for permission first. 

At one of my previous church’s there were two sister-in-laws that I tried to be friends with.  I did not ask if I could be there friend I just started to hang out with them.  God gave me a vision.  We had gone to Dominica Republic for the first time and I noticed that the people would build a concrete block wall around their property line.  In the vision I saw this family surrounded by concrete block wall.  There was a gate to go through, but I was trying to jump over the block wall, instead of knocking on the gate.  God showed me I was trying to break in where I hadn’t been invited.  

The thief doesn’t use a gate but breaks in and steal the sheep. John 10: 9-10 I am the door, if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.;  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life abundantly.  

 When we give advice, ask for more details or tell someone what to do instead of asking we are breaking in like a thief and stealing a little piece of their territory.

I pray that we will learn to respect other people and ask permission first.

Comments (6)

On April 14, 2014 at 9:00 AM , Becky K. said...

Very wise advice. It is way too easy to couch extra information in the form of a prayer request.

 
On April 14, 2014 at 9:15 AM , ifrog crafter said...

What a wonderful post!!! As a Pastor's wife, i've learned that we ALL need to be sensitive to the privacy of others. We have our prayer list, of course, but no details are ever given. Our church is in agreement that we don't have to know the details. God knows them & HE'S the ONLY one that matters. Personally, i believe that this keeps prayer requests from turning into gossip. Hope you have a blessed week.

 
On April 14, 2014 at 9:22 AM , Cherry said...

Great post, thanks so much for the wisdom and insight.

 
On April 14, 2014 at 6:33 PM , bananaorangeapple said...

Thanks for sharing your wisdom

 
On April 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM , Lizzi said...

May God give us all wisdom and discernment when dealing with people according to their needs.

 
On April 16, 2014 at 5:36 PM , Handiworkin' Girls said...

Very perceptive. :) Thank you for sharing these insights.