It is our pleasure to introduce Jane Lloyd of LoveaLittle as the CAST Featured Artist of the week. Jane crafts a variety of items, including beautifully embroidered dolls and home decor pieces, from her home in the UK.

Jane is offering any CAST Team member a free mini doll or lavender sachet if they spend $20 or more in her shop. Just include a note on the order or convo her directly, please. (Through March 31st.)

mini waldorf twin dolls by LoveaLittle
Mini Waldorf Twin Dolls

Introduction to you:
Hello I am Jane Lloyd and I live in St Albans in the UK, fairly close to London . I am 55, a Mum of 4 grown up children and a part time Teacher. I love to take an active part in my Church and am 'at home' singing or organising food! I love to teach Sunday School to the very young and am a member of 2 book groups and 2 choirs! I have just started singing lessons which are great fun.
Aqua pleated flower pin by LoveaLittle
Aqua Pleated Flower Pin
How did you get your start on Etsy?
For years I had made items for the PTA at the Junior school all my children attended. With four little people I was an active member of the Craft Club for many years!
My little ones all grew up and I missed making crafts so I decided a webite would be a good idea. the best idea would be for my son to build me one. He excitedly showed me an article about a prolific Etsy seller who sold thousands of finger puppets. Hey, Mum you could do that too!

How did you choose your shop name?
I was volunteering making costumes for a music camp, in a converted cowshed just before starting out on Etsy and the song "Live a little, Love a little make a little dough" (as in money) kept in my mind after the show!

The only change is that I am 'all in one word' so Lovealittle was born.
Licorice Catherine Wheel Pin by LoveaLittle
Licorice Catherine Wheel Pin
What does a typical day look like for you?
I am a part time teacher so most days I work in the classrom teaching subjects I enjoy, Art Textiles, Textiles and Food as Technology subjects and also the extra-curricular Young Enterprise where students run their own business for a year. I work in a lovely, Catholic Girls' School , twenty minutes’ walk from my house (this is important as I don't drive)!

I tend to work on Etsy things during the holidays, weekends and some evenings.  I love the support and chat with my Etsy team mates and have met a fair number of UK Etsy sellers in real life!

I like the challenge of custom orders best and have really missed 'Alchemy' which accounted for half of my sales on Etsy when it was alive. For new folks it was an Etsy platform for custom work. I have recently made a model of a burnt souffle and am about to finish a jammie dodger biscuit pillow which are amazing custom orders and have challenged me!

I love to see where my goods end up all over the world. The most touching story was when an American lady purchased a personalised doll to take out to a little girl in Ethiopia. She was in the process of adopting the little girl and was able to return to collect the little girl and her beloved doll.


Wearable Art Bag by LoveaLittle
Wearable Art Embroidered Purse
 If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?
My Mum and sister live near Adelaide, South Australia and I'd just love to visit without the hassle of the air travel....beam me up Scottie...

Lovebird Hanging Decor by LoveaLittle
Valentine's Lovebird

What is your favorite Bible verse?
I gain strength from Psalm 28 verse 7
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts, relies on and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him.
(The Amplified Bible)



hand embroidered doll outfit in blues and browns by LoveaLittle
Hand Embroidered Doll Outfit
What is your favorite Etsy listing to feature?
I love the embroidery on this doll outfit: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/122119283/exquisite-hand-made-15-16-inch-doll

Comments (7)

On March 19, 2014 at 3:52 PM , Mechelle said...

Thanks for sharing this artist shop!

 
On March 19, 2014 at 6:52 PM , (Ri)Charmed said...

Great verse!

 
On March 20, 2014 at 8:15 AM , Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Great items! Love the Pins :)

 
On March 20, 2014 at 8:28 AM , Unknown said...

The little dolls are cute! I like the wheel pin too!

 
On March 20, 2014 at 11:21 AM , AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Very cute shop! I love meeting artists from around the world. Thanks for sharing this shop with us!

 
On March 20, 2014 at 11:41 AM , Unknown said...

That aqua flower pin is absolutely gorgeous!

 
On March 22, 2014 at 7:10 PM , Anonymous said...

Thank you for featuring my shop.

I am Blessed by the love on this team and the care taken over this post.

Heartfelt thanks, Jane (Lovealittle) x