Please welcome Jane to our Wednesday Featured Artist Post! We'll get right into the interview!


 -Your shop name(s) JZL Creates

Special: Buy one 11x14 print and get a second one free.  To receive this BOGO deal, leave a comment when you order that says you are a member of the CAST team.  Limit of two deals per customer.


 -Introduction on you  First and foremost, I am a follower of Jesus Christ.  He is my 0Lord, my Savior, my all. I am also a stay-at-home artist, crafter, photographer, wife, mother and grandmother.  I strive to honor God in all of my endeavors.  For as long as I can remember I've had a passion for creating things.  My favorite ways to create are drawing, doodling, painting, photography, Photoshop, sewing, and home decorating. I have been incredibly blessed with a wonderful and very supportive husband, 4 children, one son-in-law, 5 grandchildren and 2 little dogs. They all bring so much love and inspiration into my life!
 
 -How did you get your start on Etsy? My daughter Mary has an Etsy shop where she sells her beautiful crocheted and knitted creations.  She encouraged me to start my own shop.


 -How did you choose your shop name? To me, the word "create" encompasses so much of who I am and what I love.  It's rare that my hands or brain aren't engaged in some type of creative project.

-What does a typical day look like for you? I'm a homebody and a bit of an introvert.  My favorite days are the ones that allow me to embrace the gifts that God has given me.  Right now, my dining room table is covered in fabrics and sewing tools.  I've been experimenting with pillow making and have lots of fun ideas.  I'm enjoying it so much that I might just open up another Etsy shop to sell my pillow creation.
-If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be? a very quiet beach with my husband.  The day would include walking along the beach looking for seashells, snorkeling, and enjoying a picnic in the sand!


 -What is your favorite Bible verse? I have so many!  One of my favorites is "Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

 -What is your favorite Etsy item listing to feature? A photograph called "Message In The Sand"

 -URLs to where else we can find you on the internet:

Etsy...  https://www.etsy.com/shop/JZLcreates
My Blog...  http://pathleadinghome.blogspot.com
Pinterest...  http://www.pinterest.com/janezl   

Thank you Jane for agreeing to be featured! Your shop is truly lovely! 

Comments (6)

On March 6, 2014 at 8:05 AM , KarenW said...

Hi Jane! Great shop. Love the message in the sand photo and your four seasons watercolor pictures.

 
On March 6, 2014 at 8:35 AM , Unknown said...

HI Jane . . . I am always in awe of your talent! and . . how you are able to constantly find different avenues to express your love of Christ through your work. One week it is a photograph, the next a pillow!! I am proud to call you my sister! Love you!!

 
On March 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM , Angie said...

Very beautiful pieces.It is wonderful to see such lovely craftsmanship combined with the acknowledgement of Our Lord. He blesses us with all the tools, our minds, eyes and hands, which we use to create.

 
On March 7, 2014 at 6:20 PM , the butlers pottery said...

Hi Jane

I love your doodle art.

 
On March 8, 2014 at 12:56 AM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Wow, your store is full of such beautiful creations, Jane. :)

 
On March 11, 2014 at 1:25 PM , Jane said...

Thank you all for the sweet and encouraging replies! To God be all the glory!