Luke 17: 5-6

The apostles came up and said to the Master, “Give us more faith.”  But the Master said, “You don’t need more faith. There is no ‘more’ or ‘less’ in faith. If you have a bare kernel of faith, say the size of a poppy seed, you could say to this sycamore tree, ‘Go jump in the lake.’ And it would do it." The Message  Bible

To me faith is a strange powerful thing.  It ties in with truth and belief. Without believing in something you can not have faith in it. I have found it is easier to believe the truth than the lies.
Someone once told me it takes more faith to believe in evolution than creation.  Two weeks ago we took a holiday to Florida to visit some non Christian friends.  Occasionally he would talk about evolution which is against creation.  We asked him if it is true why do we still have monkeys?  He did not comment. I could have questioned him a lot.  He mentioned how the mountains in Montana are older than the Rockies. We didn’t comment this time, it would only lead to an argument.

  https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/vinylartstudio?ref=l2-shopheader-name
I did wonder how someone could believe the earth has different ages.  If the Montana mountains are younger than the Rockies did they just popup out of the ocean, then millions years later the Rockies popped up?  If this is so then why in the past so called million years since they popped up or formed have no more other mountains popped up in the ocean until our earth is all land and no oceans? Our friend believes what he has been told without using discernment, logic and the other side, creation, to see if it is true.
It does take faith to believe in a God we can’t see who created this world in six days, but it makes more sense, than evolution , if you believe in a all powerful God.   
 I am thankful that Jesus said we don’t need more faith.  During my life as a Christian I have learned that if I just believe in the truth of the bible and have faith that God is all power, many blessings are poured upon me. 
When a pastor prayed over me for God to heal the bipolar I had, all I had to do was believe and it was gone. When another person prayed to grow my short leg  I just had to believe and before our eyes it grew. When they were praying to have the demons from the Free Masons cast out of me I began to not believe and the praying person's voice got weaker.  I started to believe, her voice got stronger and out they came.  I could not conjure up more faith for these healings to happen.  Unfortunately I did run into Christians who would not believe I was healed, because they did not have faith to believe that Jesus does miracles.

  https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/inHIShandsart?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Like Jesus said we don’t need more faith, we just need to know what the truth is as it sets us free.   

My life is a lot easier when I walk in truth and believe and have faith that God is in control.  Many little and big things happen, for me and for me to be a blessing to others. 

During this same trip we also visited friends in Kentucky who have recently gone back to church. They had freezing rain with snow which almost shut the State down.  Up in Canada when snow covers our land for 5 months the few inches they got was nothing.  Without snow tires and snowplows they were stranded. 

On the day of the storm us Canadians went for a walk.  We came across a stuck car just as the owners boss  came to pick him up.  We were able to help the person get back on the road. I told them my husband is a mechanic and we’re from Canada. They got a chuckle over that we’d be the ones who helped.  Was it luck or God’s provision that we just happen to be in the right place at the right time.  The driver is a Nero sergeant and was needed at the hospital. Because we blessed him with what we knew, was he able to bless others with his talent?  No extra faith was needed for us or for him. It just happened? Another time at another friends in Palm Beach he dropped us off on a busy street so we could get a picture of a famous persons mansion. He drove down the road turned around to pick us up.  He could not believe that a cop stopped the truck behind. We didn't have traffic to stop as we got back in the truck.

When I walk in faith and not stress or worry good things happen because I allow God to be in control of my life.  God wants to bless us in all things, but we need to have the faith he will. I could write pages of how God has blessed me, because I believe and have faith.

True = Believe = Faith = Blessings    

Comments (5)

On March 10, 2014 at 10:53 AM , sammysgrammy said...

Beautiful lesson.

 
On March 10, 2014 at 11:19 AM , Anonymous said...

I loved reading this. Very timely, as usual. Thanks very much Joyce.

NellywithWings

 
On March 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM , the butlers pottery said...

Thank you for you comments. I'm glad it helped.

 
On March 10, 2014 at 11:26 PM , Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

You know, I was in a hurry and didn't think I had time to read anything, but saw this post in my feed, and started to read it. My hurried feeling inside slowed down, and the pressures and stresses of the day that were driving me, started to fall into perspective. And I was indeed reminded to walk in faith, that I didn't have to conjur up more faith, but trust in God, believe in His ability, not my own. Wow. I needed that. Thanks. And thank you for sharing your healings, I needed to hear that too. God IS our healer. :)

 
On March 15, 2014 at 2:38 PM , Unexpected Treasure said...

Very insightful post.