Tuesday mornings I am learning drums and my husband guitar with our pastor.                                                                              

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/karladornacher?ref=l2-shopheader-nameown.

One Sunday after we had been on worship our  pastor commented that not many had worshiped. I try not to look at the people and pretend I'm all alone, therefore I didn't notice. Our pastor said we need to get back to worshiping God.

About a month ago, for three days I read in devotions and the bible Matthew 6:33  But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness,  then all these things will be added to you. During this time I also read on a devotion Matthew 6:34 So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its  own.                                   

Verse 33 has been rolling around in my head, emphasizing on the word Then.

Four years ago we moved to a new community.  Life got very busy.  My pottery started to sell, we wanted to make our new home ours and  we were getting used to a whole new life.
I found I was putting God on the back burner.  I had too much to do so spending time in the bible was either short, rushed or missed.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/LilStinkerDesign?ref=l2-shopheader-name

I was getting tired and I knew I had to slow down.  I asked God for help. Seek God first , THEN, everything else will come together.

To the world this is backwards.  The world says set goals, work hard and strive, strive, strive, to make ends meet.
But God says if you search out me, worship me and put me first in your life I will help you life go better. I am your provider. I am all you need.  After all I am the great I AM.

I find that I need to ask God for help all the time.  I need to be honest with Him about how I feel.  I need to look to Him first. It does work, I put God first and life calms down.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/thecraftyhusband?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Do you find that life is taking over your quiet time?  Share how God is helping you to put Him first. 
 

Comments (3)

On November 12, 2013 at 3:57 AM , Unknown said...

I love your honesty. I too fell into the busyness trap, so now, when I wake, before getting out of bed, I do my devotion, then all day sermons/ worship plays in the background while I work. It helps me to stay focused on Christ, even while I'm knee deep in creating things for my shop, and nothing of the world seems to be of much concern. It's like a Godly barrier of protection.

 
On November 12, 2013 at 3:58 AM , Unknown said...

I love your honesty. I too fell into the busyness trap, so now, when I wake, before getting out of bed, I do my devotion, then all day sermons/ worship plays in the background while I work. It helps me to stay focused on Christ, even while I'm knee deep in creating things for my shop, and nothing of the world seems to be of much concern. It's like a Godly barrier of protection.

 
On November 12, 2013 at 3:59 AM , Unknown said...

I love your honesty. I too fell into the busyness trap, so now, when I wake, before getting out of bed, I do my devotion, then all day sermons/ worship plays in the background while I work. It helps me to stay focused on Christ, even while I'm knee deep in creating things for my shop, and nothing of the world seems to be of much concern. It's like a Godly barrier of protection.