It is our pleasure to introduce Sandra Denninger of WeddingFlowerShop as this week's Featured Artist. Sandra lives in New England, and creates elegant bridal floral pieces from her home.
Special offer:
A complimentary Corsage goes to any CAST Team member ordering a Bouquet; just convo Sandra when you order.
 
 
Introduction to you:
Born in Boston, I lived over 13 years in Europe as a translator for German and French. Now when I’m not designing wedding bouquets or tending my two Etsy shops, I officiate at weddings as an interfaith minister, teach holistic health methods, and am a dedicated animal rights activist.  My husband is a patent attorney, and our rescued cats Jasper, Susie, and Timmy keep us laughing when life gets too serious.
Cinnamon orange autumn rose bouquet brides by WeddingFlowerShop
Cinnamon Autumn Orange Rose Bridal Bouquet

 How did you get your start on Etsy?
I started on Etsy in late February 2010 after a winter accident left me recovering from surgery. I first opened my vintage charity shop, ParisRain, when I was unable to leave the house for several weeks.  I realized that since I had been designing silk florals for years and absolutely loved doing that, I could take that skill to Etsy, too, and opened my WeddingFlowerShop in May 2010. Both my Shops are completely for charity, with 100% of all net proceeds going to a variety of animal rescue/rights and environmental organizations, over $10,000 to date! I consider my Etsy shops a part of my Hummingbird Ministry, and I pray over each item before sending it.
Autumn Orange Chrysanthemum Mum Wedding Corsage by WeddingFlowerShop
Autumn Orange Chrysanthemum Corsage
How did you choose your shop name? My two shops were called HummingbirdMinistry and HummingbirdMinistry2 until I realized the names were too long and perhaps hard to spell!  I then renamed them ParisRain and WeddingFlowerShop.
 
What does a typical day look like for you?
There is no typical workday for me now, which is the beauty of being independent.  I  may be meeting a bridal couple in the morning, be wrapping/mailing packages, crafting wedding flowers, or photographing vintage items in the afternoon, and teaching holistic health methods on some evenings.

Harvest Bridal Bouquet in Orange, Yellow, & Green
Harvest Bridal Bouquet in Orange, Yellow, & Green
If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would you choose to be?
If I could be magically anywhere in the world on any one day, it would be back in my favorite city, Paris, but I carry Paris with me in my heart always. It's a state of mind.
What is your favorite Bible verse? Psalms 118:24   This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” 
 
Parisian vintage french linen flower bridal bouquet by WeddingFlowerShop
Parisian Vintage French Linen Bridal Bouqet
 
Do you have a favorite design or product?
My favorite Etsy listing -- although it’s my most expensive by far -- is my vintage OOAK Parisian Wedding Bouquet that reminds me of France at https://www.etsy.com/listing/47734950/parisian-vintage-french-linen-flower
Where can we find you on the Internet?
 

Comments (4)

On October 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM , Sue Runyon said...

The bouquets are absolutely beautiful!

 
On October 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM , KarenW said...

Love your shop! Such elegant bouquets.

 
On October 17, 2013 at 7:53 PM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

So beautiful!

 
On October 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM , ifrog crafter said...

You'r work is wonderful! God bless your ministry.