He who heeds the word wisely will find good, And whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he. Prov 16:20 (NKJV)

I love the second part of this verse where is says that once you trust in the Lord, Happiness follows.  How often I find that I do the opposite of that, how I trust in my own understanding, the understanding that I learned in the world:  from school, by family traditions, or culture. Having to unlearn all that I have learned and executed all my life and trusting in what God’s Word says can be quite difficult.  I don’t mean that it is difficult to trust in the Lord, but that it’s difficult to unlearn and push those barriers and sometimes mountains, out of the way so that I can see clearly what the Lord has for me.
Recently the Lord revealed that I have a small problem with control, and in revealing that I realized that by my trying to control the situation I forfeited my trust in God. By taking the reigns and running things my way I only caused grief, heartache and pain, not only for myself but for those around me, and slowly I began to see that happiness, that I once had, slipping away.
So I went to my closet, and before the Lord, and later to my family, I confessed and handed the reigns back to Him and almost immediately that happiness was restored. 
Don’t we have a good and merciful Lord that is so patient to wait for us to come and humble ourselves before Him.

 7 Therefore I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me. Micah 7:7 (NKJV)

Words to live by!

How have you experienced the Happiness that the Lord gives. Leave a comment you never know who it may touch.
God Bless,
Julia
Jt Designs

www.juliatellier.etsy.com

Comments (3)

On October 29, 2013 at 4:52 AM , bananaorangeapple said...

Thank you for this lovely devotion.
It is true that when we look to the author of creation for his guidance and advice, things just "work out" - because he's planned it like that.

 
On October 29, 2013 at 11:46 AM , the butlers pottery said...

Thank you for sharing from your heart.
I like to plan out my day, which quite often my plans get interrupted which brings stress. When I left go and just do what I feel like doing things get done and I am happy.

 
On October 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM , ifrog crafter said...

Wonderful post. I have been there & still, once in awhile slip up. But my life is so much better, when i give it all to Him & let Him take care of things. Thy will be done.