"Fear Not!"

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand,Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'Isaiah 41:10, 13  (NKJV)
It's amazing how fear creeps into our lives and prevents us from responding to the voice of the Lord when He calls. It made me think of all the times before I was saved and heard the Lords calling and how I said "no" to Him because I thought I had to clean up my act before I could come to be a usable Christian. Of course it was the fear and shame of hearing what the Lord thought of all my sinful ways, and then of course sharing those indiscretions with a fellow Christian.Little did I know that the body of Christ was made up of the hurt, broken and sinful, no different than myself.Fear separates us from the Love of God, but persevering through the fear draws us into the presence of the Lord and into His loving arms.Even now, 11 years in the faith, I still have my fears and hesitations, but Word of the Lord reminds me:For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  2 Tim 1:7 (NKJV)
I love the promises and hide them in my heart and whisper them when the fear begins to overwhelm me: He helps me, strengthens me, upholds me with His righteous right hand, and will hold my right hand, giving me power, love, and a sound mind
How will you persevere through your fears? (encourage others & share how you conquer your fears)
God Bless your day today and Fear not, for the Lord is with you!
Julia Tellierwww.juliatellier.etsy.comJT Designs




Comments (3)

On September 24, 2013 at 7:43 AM , the butlers pottery said...

Good devotion. Fear is one of my biggest struggles too. Working through the fear and doing it over and over helps me to concur my fear.

 
On September 25, 2013 at 12:19 AM , Unknown said...

I'm close to 50 years in the faith and I still have fears. God gives me all of these great designs for hats and wedding veils, I make them and no one buys them. Every time I pray for a sale, someone buys a yard or two of my satin bias tape at $2 or $3 a yard. One of my favorite verses: But they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall rise up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31. Also in Isaiah, "And I heard the voice of the Lord saying "Whom shall I send and whom shall go for us?Then said I "Here am I, send me." I believe that God has called me to serve him by making beautiful hats and wedding veils. I make these beautiful things and no one buys them. I think I have to calm down and let God make things happen in his time and not mine.

 
On September 25, 2013 at 12:27 AM , Unknown said...

Maybe many other people of CAST think the same way. Patience is something that I have always had trouble with. I've made hats for over two years and my biggest buyer is my best friend. I've done everything that any of the teams have said and haven't had much success at all. I don't expect anyone here to buy anything but I feel like I'm beating my head against the wall. If anyone here would like to check out my shop and tell me what I'm doing wrong, that would be appreciated. https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/copperhairartist?ref=si_shop God gives me great ideas but I think, "Why should I make it when no one will probably buy it."