It is our pleasure to introduce Gwen Jones of Gwen's Homemade Gifts as this week's Featured Artist. Gwen concocts a variety of charming gift items, including bath salts and lip balms, at her home in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

For one week (through the next Saturday), Gwen is offering one (1) free lip balm to any CAST team member who orders a minimum of $15 from her Etsy shop. Please identify yourself as a CAST member in the order message (notes to seller).



Bath salts sea salt scented Gwen's Homemade Gifts


Introduction to you: I live in the midwest of the USA. I am a wife and mother to three grown children. I will soon be a grandmother for the first time! I am very excited about that.
How did you get your start on Etsy? I love to make homemade gifts for friends and family. More and more I was getting the question, "Do you have extras to sell?" My son-in-law suggested I start an Etsy shop, so with his help (photography) and my daughter's help (editing), here I am.




Organic lip balm gwenshomemadegifts coconut oil shea butter cocoa
<">Organic Lip Balm

 
What does a typical day look like for you? A work day for me is in my own office within the corporation office of a public school system. I am an assistant to the curriculum director so I work a lot with state reporting, testing data, spreadsheets, more data, statistics and did I mention data? It's a pleasure to come home in the evenings and create something fragrant and beautiful. I also enjoy interactions with all the new people I meet from my Etsy teams. So a typical evening will find me on the computer busy with my Etsy business.



Spa scrubbies cotton crocheted washcloth Gwen's Homemade Gifts
Cotton Spa Scrubbies

What is your favorite Bible verse?  Many years ago when I was in youth group, our leader challenged us to choose a theme verse for our life. I chose this verse and it has remained my favorite verse.  Micah 6:8 "He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?”

Peppermint Foot Soak Pedicure Salts GwensHomemadeGifts
 Peppermint Foot Soak
What is your favorite listing to feature? My peppermint foot soak - this is just the best foot soak ever!

Where can we find you on the Internet?
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/gwensgifts/
Twitter:  www.twitter.com/gwenshomegifts
Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/GwensHomemadeGifts
Facebook: www.facebook.com/GwensHomemadeGifts

Comments (10)

On April 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM , Becky K. said...

Just beautiful. I'm so happy that you have such wonderful family support for your Etsy shop.

 
On April 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM , sammysgrammy said...

It's nice to meet Gwen and get to know her a bit better.

 
On April 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM , krafterskorner said...

Such lovely spring items!

 
On April 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM , KarenW said...

Love your shop! I need that peppermint foot soak. I'll have to keep that in mind.

 
On April 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM , (Ri)Charmed said...

Great verse, lovely shop!

 
On April 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM , Sara/WormeWoole said...

Glad to meet you, Gwen. Your products look great.

 
On April 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM , Carole Isenhart said...

I met Gwen the first day her shop was open, when she created a beautiful treasury that included our porcelain Celtic Heart pendant. Her products look really yummy, she's already adding to her line. Beautiful presentation with well done photos & tantalizing descriptions. We've had some great conversations since that 1st day, she's a great person & we pray for abundant blessings on her new venture.

 
On April 18, 2013 at 7:59 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Great to meet you, Gwen. Lovely items and that's one of my favorite verses too.

 
On April 18, 2013 at 8:26 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

Great Shop!

Thinking about that foot soak!

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On April 21, 2013 at 8:08 AM , krafterskorner said...

Great shop!