Come with me as we take a step back in time to the beautiful era of Jane Austin novels and lovely feminine dresses that we will find in Geneece Arnold's shops Sew Many Treasures and Feminine Dress.


For the readers of this interview, Geneece is offering to honor the following coupon to be used in her Feminine Dress shop at checkout for the amount of 10% off:  CASTBNS10

Tell us a little about yourself.
I started sewing before I was 10, and at the age of 12 was introduced to quilting when a friend and her mom took me to the Quilt-in-a-Day studio in southern California. My mom taught me about clothing construction and how to read patterns, and got me started in all other types of sewing.  In my early 20s I started designing nursing tops for myself and friends who were all having babies, and that launched me into the world of pattern design!  I continued to sew for myself, my family, and my friends, until I got into historical costuming several years ago.  Now I am primarily engaged in that venture - particularly the regency era of Jane Austen's time.  I enjoy the study of period correct historical fashion as much as I enjoy creating the garments from the time period!  I also enjoy sewing modern clothing for girls,and have a number of patterns in various stages of construction.


How did you get your start on Etsy?
I was taking custom orders from my website; but it was going slowly. I decided to open an Etsy shop to see how my custom regency gowns would do, and was surprised at the positive response.  Later I decided I wanted to add modern clothing and patterns, and decided a secondshop would be better than trying to mix the two unlike styles.


How did you choose your shop name?
SewManyTreasures was taken directly from my website of the same name. FeminineDress was born because I wanted to focus on delightfully fun, modest and practical, yet feminine clothing. FeminineDress is still in it's infancy as far as development goes.  I have a sewing blog that I hope to add to over time with tutorials and pattern reviews.


What does a typical day look like for you?
I start my day with coffee, devotions, Bible memory, and prayer.  Next I check my various shops and email to see if there was any activity overnight.  Then I start getting my children up (I have 7 still at home) and we spend our day homeschooling, with all that entails.  They school alongside me as I work, or I take breaks from sewing to work with them.  My 13 year old helps me with order fulfilment and basic record keeping.  We all work together on meals and cleaning, and keeping up the homestead.  (I enjoy baking almost all our bread, and we raise our own free range eggs and grassfed beef.)  I continue to work on custom orders into the evening since my husband works the
evening shift at a local hospital.  Some days we have music lessons or other homeschool activities that take us away from home; but mostly that is what my day looks like.

If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?
With my children.

What is your favorite Bible verse?
Isaiah 40:31  They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles.  They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

What is your favorite Etsy item listing to feature?
Any of my regency gowns; but this is my most popular:


URLs to where else we can find you on the internet
SewManyTreasures.com
http://pinterest.com/sewmanytreasure/

FeminineDress.com
@FeminineDress
http://pinterest.com/femininedress/




The winner of NellyWithWings' giveaway is Karen W!  Karen commented:
On March 21, 2013 at 2:12 PM , KarenW said..
I love all your bright colors Nelly! I love the tortilla warmers. Very pretty!



by Zuda Gay Pease

Comments (9)

On April 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Adorable and beautiful!

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On April 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM , (Ri)Charmed said...

Love it all, especially the little girl things. Naming my baby "Jane" partly because of the great Jane Austen! =)

 
On April 4, 2013 at 7:24 AM , the butlers pottery said...

You make lovely clothes. Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself.

Joyce

 
On April 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM , Rafael y Nelly said...

Lovely feature.

 
On April 6, 2013 at 8:57 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Absolutely gorgeous items. Love this shop. What a busy lady you are!

 
On April 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM , KarenW said...

Beautiful! Love the little girls outfits.

 
On April 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM , Handiworkin' Girls said...

Exquisite pieces, Geneece! The taffeta jacket is particularly lovely.

 
On April 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM , sammysgrammy said...

I so enjoyed getting to know Genesse - you a a bit like super woman - love both your shops.

 
On April 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM , Unknown said...

Nice shops -- great photos.