Have you ever had the craving for some chocolatey goodness and didn’t have one speck of candy in the house? There are times I just don’t want to pull out the baking pans and do the whole shebang. This recipe was surprisingly good and ready in about 90 seconds! I repeat, 90 seconds. 

I have my daughter and son to thank for this recipe. My daughter loves cruising the internet for recipes and my son loves experimenting. We tried several versions of this brownie in a mug type of recipe. Some were too dense, sticky or just didn’t have an appealing texture or taste. When my son whipped up this version, I knew we had a winner. Its portion size was perfect for having a little now and some later. The flavor was wonderful and the texture was just cakey enough for my liking. Everything can be mixed in one large mug or microwave safe bowl to save on dish washing which is an added bonus in my book. 

Omit the nuts if you are allergic or prefer a more cake type brownie. This is also great with a dollop of ice cream or a shot of whipped cream on top.

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. salted butter
2 tbsp. milk
½ tsp. vanilla
4 tbsp. powder sugar
2 tbsp. cocoa powder

2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. chopped walnuts


Melt butter in mug and microwave and let it cool. Add milk and vanilla and mix well. Microwave for 90 seconds and that let it sit for a couple of minutes before removing from the microwave. Serve warm.


By Lorrie of WitsEndDesign

Comments (9)

On March 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM , Sue Runyon said...

I think my 11 year old is going to want to try this ASAP.

 
On March 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM , bananaorangeapple said...

Yum

 
On March 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Lorrie - This is perfect for my sweet snack at night.
Thanks!
♥♥♥
Sue

 
On March 14, 2013 at 9:24 PM , sammysgrammy said...

melt butter, add milk and vanilla. Do you add the sugar and cocoa eventually? No eggs?

I want a brownie right now - I have ice cream.......

 
On March 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM , Unknown said...

Oops! Add your dry ingredients after you mix the milk and vanilla. This recipe requires NO eggs.

 
On March 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM , Cynthia said...

Wow! I'm going to get some Oreos, right now! I'm hungry! Love this recipe!

 
On March 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM , Unknown said...

So sorry, 2 tbsp. flour was not omitted from the recipe ingredients. Very important to add with other dry ingredients.

 
On March 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM , Unknown said...

2 tbsp. flour WAS omitted from the ingredient list. Please add. Good grief! It will be a miracle if anyone is able to make this.

 
On March 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM , Sue Runyon said...

I updated the blog post to include flour