Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."

Odd statement, isn't it? What does it mean, mourn? Over what? Anything? Everything? Is it just a "woe is me" attitude?

Nope.

It means that as Christians, our ultimate reason to mourn is sin- because it is sin that causes all pain in this world.

Well then, who's sin?

Yes.

My own. Your own. Your family's. Your friends'. Everyone's.

To start a revival. To heal hearts. To heal our land. To heal the world. 

To bring God glory.

And He will listen...

...because...
"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
    a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise."
...and...
"If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

And He will comfort you.


because Beauty is more than skin deep,
Emily

Comments (4)

On March 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM , Laura Rhodes said...

I can't believe it! We had some of that same scripture in church today...talking about Christ as the only one that can fully heal our hurts! Keep up the good work and keep living for Jesus in his steps on the narrow road!

 
On March 11, 2013 at 7:47 AM , Crafty Mommas said...

Thank you for this post, well written and lovely.

 
On March 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM , sammysgrammy said...

When Jesus lives BIG in you, you get to mourn over what He mourns over........

 
On March 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM , Amber D. Mcnabb said...

I've had to learn the meaning of this verse the hard way. Beautiful post!